A specialist in foreign trade and customs, Gonzalo has a broad experience in advisory, preventive audits and litigation related with sophisticated trade operations, trade facilitation and investment. His professional expertise includes legal advisory provided to either domestic or international enterprises, specifically related to import and export regimes, customs valuation, tariff classification, rules of origin, trade barriers (sanitary and phytosanitary measures, technical barriers to trade), investment and infrastructure, supply chain management, transport, Free Trade Agreements (FTAs), Regional and Plurilateral Agreements (CAN, MERCOSUR, among others) compliance and WTO law.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lima Bar Association - Member
- Asociacion Peruana de Derecho Aduanero y Comercio Internacional (APDACI) (Peruvian Association of Customs Law and International Trade) - Member
- XCOM Committee, Foreign Trade and Logistics Committee of the Lima Chamber of Commerce (CCL) - Member consultant
- Lima~Peru (2008)
- Georgetown University Law Center (2014)
- University of Bern (Master Degree International Trade and Economics) (2012)
- Summer Academy on Global Food Law and Policy (Diploma Food Law & Policy, WTO law and EU regulation of food) (2012)
- Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas (Diploma Concessions and Infrastructure Law) (2008)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Law Degree) (2007)
- "Sugar Is the New Tobacco: The Peruvian Junk Food Law in Light of the WTO Law after the Seals Dispute." Society of International Economic Law 2014 Conference. Bern, Switzerland
- "The Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) eco-label and its private standards examined under the Technical Barriers to Trade Agreement (TBT): A methodology to apply a legal assessment in private labeling." Master thesis.
- "Collaborative Border Management: Un acercamiento al principio de cooperacion aduanera a proposito del Acuerdo de Cooperacion y Asistencia aduanera Peru-China". (Collaborative Border Management: an approach to the customs cooperation principle regarding the Peru-China Customs Cooperation and Assistance Agreement). Derecho y Sociedad N° 35. Journal of the School of Law of the Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru
- "Regulation on Border Measures in the Peruvian Law: A customs instrument to protect intellectual property." Ius Et Veritas. Journal of the School of Law of the Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru.