Mark is a member of the Firm's Compliance & Investigations Practice Group and advises clients on the management of internal investigations, investigations by government authorities and related compliance risks, particularly relating to bribery, corruption and fraud.
Mark also has experience acting for clients on a broad range of high value commercial litigation and in regulatory proceedings.
Representative Legal Matters
White Collar Crime
- Representing a FTSE 100 company on an investigation into alleged bribery and corruption involving engagement with the Serious Fraud Office, US Department of Justice, Securities & Exchange Commission and Australian Securities and Investments Commission.
- Representing a commercial real estate firm in relation to an investigation into alleged bribery and corruption conducted by the Serious Fraud Office.
- Representing an investment bank in relation to a high profile Parliamentary inquiry.
- Advising a partner in a global law firm in relation to an SRA regulatory investigation into professional conduct issues.
- Acting for a developer in relation to a GBP 750 million breach of confidence claim in the High Court relating to a London property development.
- Acting for British Airways in injunctive relief proceedings in relation to the company's high profile dispute with cabin crew over strike action.
- Defending a financial services company against a GBP 30 million unlawful means conspiracy claim in the High Court.
- Acting for a receiver in relation to an enforcement action arising out of an GBP 80 million banking fraud in Thailand.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Acting for the National Deaf Children's Society challenging Personal Independence Payment decisions made by the Department for Work & Pensions.
- Acting for the Centre for Reproductive Rights in relation to a report into compliance in the Philippines with the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2015)
- University of Law (2012)
- Oxford University (2010)