Stefan Balazs is a member of the Firm's Capital Markets Group in Stockholm and specialized in EU Prospectus and Market Abuse Regulation. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Stefan worked in the field of capital market law as a legal counsellor at the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority (Finansinspektionen), focusing primarily on prospectus law. He has also conducted studies in Business Administration and Economics at the Stockholm University. Furthermore, Stefan is the only Nordic representative of the Consultative Working Group within the Corporate Finance Standing Committee at the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA).
Stefan focuses his practice mainly on Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets, and public mergers & acquisitions. Stefan has extensive transaction experience from representing both issuers and investment banks in IPOs, public capital raisings (preferential rights issues and directed issues), bond listings, MTN-programmes and representing clients in SFSA imposed Market Abuse Regulation-sanctions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted (2022) for 4C Strategies in its SEK 452 million IPO on Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market.
- Acted (2022) for BNP Paribas and Carnegie Investment Bank in Re:Newcell's primary issuance of shares of SEK 324 million.
- Acted (2021) for Viva Wine Group in its SEK 1.4 billion IPO on Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market.
- Acted (2021) for TrueCaller in its SEK 4.5 billion IPO on Nasdaq Stockholm - Largest tech IPO in Sweden to date.
- Acted (2021) for Arlandastad Group in its SEK 400 million IPO on Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market.
- Acted (2021) for Storytel AB (publ) in its directed share issue of SEK 1,2 billion and its primary issuance of SEK 500 million and listing change to Nasdaq First North (2019).
- Acted for ABG Sundal Collier in Scandinavian Biogas' private placement of dark green shares of SEK 586 million in a private placement and IPO on Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market.
- Acted (2019) for Ovzon AB (publ) in its fully guaranteed rights issue of SEK 750 million and listing transfer to Nasdaq Stockholm (2021).
- Acted (2018) for Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB (publ) in connection with the bank's MTN-programme.
- Acted (2018) for Investment AB Latour (publ) in the establishing of SEK 4 billion MTN-programme.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swedish Bar Association
- Member of the Consultative Working Group of the Corporate Finance Standing Committee within the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA)
- Sweden (2021)
- University of Stockholm (Juris Kandidat (LL.M.)) (2011)
- University of Stockholm (Business Administration)