Lauren Awoyinka is a senior associate in the Pensions department of the London office. Lauren joined Baker McKenzie as a trainee in March 2011 and qualified into the Pensions Department in March 2013. Lauren also acts for a number of the Firm's clients on a pro bono basis including Save the Children and Mencap. Lauren is a member of the Association of Pensions Lawyers.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a multinational chemical corporation on a complex pension plan merger.
- Advised a number of large, international employers and trustee boards on various liability management exercises including enhanced transfer values and pension increase exchange exercises.
- Acted for a pension plan administrator of a large defined benefit pension scheme with regards to a dispute valued at over GBP 40 million .
- Advised a number of employers with regards to employer debt requirements and section 75 debt management through the use of a flexible apportionment arrangement.
- Advised the trustees of the Merchant Navy Officers Pension Fund regarding the buy-out of the Old Section of its defined benefit scheme.
- Advised Agilent in relation to a de-merger of its defined benefit and defined contribution schemes as part of a global restructuring.
- Advised both employers and trustees with regards to closing their occupational pension plans to future defined benefit accrual and the impact of Courage (salary link) issues.
- Advised the trustees of a defined benefit scheme on a charged account structure proposed by the employer in lieu of cash contributions to the pension plan.
- Advised both employers and trustees with regards to asset backed funding arrangements which involved the use of commercial property and loan notes as assets.
- Advised various international corporates on the UK pensions aspects of multi-jurisdictional transactions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association of Pensions Lawyers - Member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2013)
- College of Law at Moorgate (LPC)
- University of Oxford (LLM)