Jodi Avila is a senior associate in the Firm's Dispute Resolution Group. Jodi represents clients at all stages of the trial and appellate process in both state and federal court.
Prior to joining the Firm, Jodi clerked for Judge Adalberto Jordan of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and interned for Magistrate Edwin Torres of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Representative Legal Matters
Defended the owner and operator of a South Florida mortgage bank in a criminal prosecution brought by the Department of Justice.
Represented an international diagnostic service provider in a patent infringement lawsuit.
Represented the world’s largest lessor of Boeing 767-200SF aircraft in a breach of contract and conversion lawsuit against foreign sub-lessor.
Represented a foreign entity in a lawsuit seeking to recover assets misappropriated through fraud.
Represented a broadband provider in a multi-million dollar breach of contract and fraud action brought against media delivery company.
Defended a limited liability company and its managing member in a derivative lawsuit, obtaining dismissal with prejudice in clients’ favor.
Represented a well-known television personality in a breach of contract lawsuit, obtaining dismissal with prejudice in client’s favor.
Represented a Miami real-estate developer in a multi-million dollar civil rights case against a South Florida municipality.
- Rising Star in Business Litigation, Florida Super Lawyers, 2017-2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit~United States (2019)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit~United States (2015)
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida~United States (2014)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida~United States (2013)
- Florida~United States (2013)
- University of Miami (JD, magna cum laude) (2012)
- Rutgers University (2006)