Kim Hock Ang is an associate principal in Baker McKenzie Wong & Leow's Finance & Projects Team, where he focuses on the development and financing of greenfield and energy projects. Kim Hock has acted in several award-winning projects such as the Sarulla Geothermal Power Project, which won Finance Deal of the Year (Project) at the 2015 American Lawyer Asia Legal Awards, among other accolades.
Kim Hock focuses on the development and financing of greenfield infrastructure and petrochemical and energy projects (particularly LNG), as well as the acquisition and disposal of brownfield project assets. He advises on mining and commodities contracts, project documents such as construction, procurement routes, EPC and EPCM contracts, operation and maintenance contracts, offtake contracts, and equity-related contracts such as joint venture agreements. He acts in a wide variety of financing transactions, project and trade finance, and restructurings.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised the Export-Import Bank of China in relation to the USD1.56 billion financing of a 2x660 MW coal fired-power plant at Port Qasim in Pakistan.
- Acted for a sponsor in connection with the Sumsel 8 mine mouth project, which received USD1.2 billion debt financing from the Export-Import Bank of China.
- Acted for the sponsors in the development of the Sarulla Geothermal Power Project. The project was one of the largest single contract geothermal power projects to capitalise on the large-scale potential of highly productive Indonesian geothermal resources.
- Acted for the sponsors and project company in the USD1.2 billion project financing of Gulf GNS Ltd’s 1600 MW gas-fired power plant in Thailand.
- Acted for the sponsor in the development and financing of the Khanom CCGT power project in Thailand.
- Advised Energy Absolute on projects including the construction in Thailand of three 90 MW solar farms, and the EA Wind Hadkangkan Had Kanghan 126 MW Wind Farm involving a bespoke turnkey EPC contract, relatively rare for developments that typically use separate BoP and wind turbine supply contract arrangements.
- Advised Newcom and Softbank on all aspects of the project development and financing of the 50MW Tsetsii Wind Farm in Mongolia.
- Acted for lenders on the financing of Phase III of the Malaysia-Thailand Joint Development Area.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Singapore
- Singapore Academy of Law
- Singapore (2006)
- National University of Singapore (LL.B. Second Class Hons, Upper Division) (2005)