Representative Legal Matters
- Lead litigator in case in which it was secured an important Court resolution in favor of a “Port Terminal Services Provider” that exports intangible services to receive VAT Certification Registry by the Mexican Tax Authorities.
- Conducted important out-of-court settlements with SAT on regards to companies subject to important financial liability exposure.
- Implementing IMMEX program for a company with 22 locations for a leading company in the plastic industry.
- Successfully implemented a legal action plan to reduce a duty assessment issued by Mexican Customs Authorities’ derived from an audit to a mining company operating under an IMMEX program. The original assessment was USD 110 million, drastically reduced to USD 3 million.
- Facilitated Foreign Trade Committee functions for the Ministry of Finance in Mexico City for the office of Mexican large taxpayers, and participated in the Bilateral Trade Fraud Subgroup with CBP and Mexican customs.
- Represented Mexican Customs Authorities in meetings with CBP and Canada Border Services Agency officials in creating the new NAFTA Audit/Verification Manual from the ground up.
- Has been recognized by Legal 500
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Barra Mexicana, Colegio de Abogados
- Mexican Chapter of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC Mexico) - Trade and Customs Law - former vice president
- Involved in pro bono matters supporting “Aequales” a company that provides tools for closing gender gaps in the work environment in Latin America;
- Participated in community involvement supporting “Women Association – Social and Community Resilience”
- Mexico (2006)
- Universidad Autonoma de Ciudad Juárez (Attorney Law) (2006)
- Universidad Regional del Norte, Juarez (Bachelor's Degree International Trade Law) (1997)
Interviewed in several occasions by Bloomberg (El Financiero) on regards to changes to trade and customs changes affecting companies in Mexico
CNN-Expansion, Technical Barriers to Foreign Trade “Mexican Tuna Case”
Maquiladora Association, “Impact for Maquiladoras regarding 2001 NAFTA Changes”