Hugo has a solid background in civil and civil litigation matters, as well as in arbitration. He has advised companies, government agencies and individuals on legal procedures and arbitration on civil matters during his professional career, as well as constitutional, administrative, corporate and commercial matters.
Hugo, moreover, has participated in the design and execution of negotiating strategies aimed at terminating the extra-judicial and judicial controversies of the Firm's different clients (companies, natural persons, NGOs and ENIEX), the latter having been done through an out-of-court agreement. Hugo has vast experience in consultancy regarding obligations, civil liabilities, insurance, and contracts in general.
Hugo has been an associate at Estudio Echecopar since 2007.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised companies, government agencies and individuals on judicial procedures and arbitration on civil matters, as well as on constitutional, administrative, corporate and commercial matters in general.
- Designed negotiation strategies aimed at resolving disputes of our clients, through the execution of out-of-court agreements.
- Experienced in advising on civil liability matters and contracts in general.
- Widely experienced in the management and sponsorship of a vast number of procedures including extrajudicial conciliation and, afterwards, collection lawsuits initiated by different banking entities in order to demand compliance credits from the debtors (natural person and companies), as well as tangible and intangible guarantees.
- Advised an important foreign company in the hydrocarbon distribution sector in processes of the execution of arbitration awards, the annulment of the awards and bankruptcy proceedings.
- Participated in legal due diligence of private companies and state-owned companies that are involved in activities in the fishery, agriculture, hydrocarbon, mining and retail sectors in the framework of the financing operations and acquisitions of these.
- Provided legal advice to non-profit legal persons, as well as to the private entities of international technical cooperation (ONGD-Peru and ENIEX), concerning holding cooperation agreements, contracts in general, and extrajudicial transactions.
- Participated in legal and arbitral causes, in matters of real rights, construction contracts, commercial contracts, insurance, obligations and civil liability. He has also, in regards to the matters previously mentioned, provided consultancy that have ended with the presentation of legal reports.
- Advised different Investment Funds in complex proceeding of property titling sanitation and the acquisition of these. Moreover, he has provided specialized advice in the design of contracts for construction projects.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lima Bar Association
- Lima, Peru (2008)
- Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas (Certification in Concessions Law) (2012)
- Universidad ESAN (Specialized Program for Executives, Corporate Law, Concession Contracts Course and APPs) (2011)
- Cambridge International Consulting (Negotiation Workshop) (2011)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Law Degree) (2007)