Ellen joined Baker McKenzie in 2014 and is a senior associate in the Banking & Finance Practice Group. Ellen has acted for borrowers, sponsors and leading financial institutions on a wide range of banking and finance transactions. Ellen has also worked across the Melbourne and Singapore offices of Baker McKenzie.
Ellen's practice focuses on property and construction finance, leveraged and acquisition finance, project finance and general corporate lending (domestic and cross-border bilateral and syndicated loans). Ellen also advises on domestic and cross-border renewable energy transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Olympus Capital Asia Credit on a AUD 41.55 million financing to the LJ Hooker Group for the acquisition of new subsidiaries across Australia.
- Australian-listed health and beauty retailer, Australian Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, in its various acquisition and corporate financings, including the financing for its acquisition of Clearksincare Clinics.
- Maybank Investment Bank Berhad in relation to a AUD 350 million syndicated facility to the Malaysia-based OSK Property group for the development of the Melbourne Square project.
- United Overseas Bank in relation to a AUD 200 million facility to WCL-Southbank (Vic) Pty Ltd, a subsidiary of the Singapore developer Aspial Corporation, for the development of the Australia 108 project.
- Salvo Property Group in relation to the financing for the development of the "Palladium", "Platinum" and "Bella" residential towers in Southbank, Melbourne.
- Beulah International in relation to the financing for the development of the "Fawkner House" residential project at Toorak Road West, South Yarra, as well as various other facilities to fund its acquisition of various commercial properties across Victoria.
- Foresight on the simultaneous acquisition of an equity interest in the 30 MW Oakey 1, 70 MW Oakey 2 and 17 MW Longreach solar farms projects and the concurrent project financing of the Oakey 2 project all located in Queensland.
- China Minsheng Banking Corp., Ltd. Shanghai Pilot Free Trade Zone Branch on a AUD 90 million facility to Canadian Solar for the project financing of the Carwarp Solar Farm, Gunnedah Solar Farm, Narrabri Solar Farm and Suntop Solar Farm, located across New South Wales and Victoria.
- Ansell in relation to its US private debt placement and various corporate financings from various lenders.
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited on a EUR 30 million facility to SINO-CEE Fund.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Asia Pacific Loan Market Association
- R.E.D. 2015 for Outstanding Pro Bono Contribution
- Supreme Court of Victoria~Australia (2014)
- University of Melbourne (Juris Doctor) (2013)
- University of Melbourne (Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance)) (2010)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.