Weronika Achramowicz co-heads Baker McKenzie's Mergers & Acquisitions Group in Warsaw and heads the International Commercial & Trade team in the same office. Weronika is also the country lead for the Consumer Goods & Retail Group industry group and the Foreign Investment Restrictions task force, two key global initiatives of Baker McKenzie.
She joined the Firm in 2005 and, being a member of the M&A group since then, holistically combines transactional advice with a strong commercial background and leading the IC&T practice.
Weronika's practice principally involves advising Polish and foreign clients on acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, strategic alliances, and general corporate and commercial strategy or compliance matters, with a focus on businesses operating in complex global environments. She leads clients through all stages of their investments and international transactions in a wide range of product and service sectors.
Weronika also actively supports Polish businesses expanding abroad, focusing on greenfield investments and acquisitions in the consumer and industrial sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised the leading Scandinavian paints manufacturer, a publicly listed company, in in its acquisition of majority shares in a leading Polish paints manufacturer.
- Advised a leading Polish consumer goods retailer in its acquisition of majority and minority stakes in complementary businesses, advised on commercial strategic matters, including drafting and negotiating the cooperation agreement with key trade partners.
- Advised a leading Polish PE fund in its acquisition of an in-country glass plant, and acted for the client in post-transaction transformation of the business, including drafting and negotiating key commercial contracts for the manufacturing operations.
- Acted for global clients in executing greenfield investments in Poland, including coordination of all-in advice in B2S greenfield projects and global supply chain structures.
- Advised a US-based transportation corporation on a complex post-acquisition reorganization and shifting selected Polish group companies into a new operation model.
- Advised a US-based home appliances corporation on a complex post-acquisition reorganization, including a commercial review and advice on market entry regulations (including regulatory aspects of the same) and a full range of related reorganization matters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Poznan Bar of Legal Advisors - Member
- Poland (2007)
- Adam Mickiewicz University (Magister Law) (2003)
- Adam Mickiewicz University (Magister European Studies and Law) (2002)
Weronika Achramowicz regularly addresses various aspects of international transactions and commercial issues in publications and as a speaker. Her most recent activity includes:
- Baker McKenzie Law on COVID-19 in Poland – Handbook (chapters: Commercial and Foreign Direct Restrictions), 2020
- Covid, Brexit and trade wars – insight interview for wnp.pl, 2020
- Force majeure in contracts, Rzeczpospolita 2020
- Fuzje i przejęcia w praktyce [Mergers and acquisitions in practice] – co-author, Parkiet, 2019
- Speaker and moderator at panel discussions focused on international business and foreign expansion, European Economic Congress in Katowice, Poland 2017, 2018 2019, 2020