Baker McKenzie is pleased to welcome 13 interns from 12 universities to its ID&E Business Development, Marketing & Communications Summer Internship Program. This eight-week program is offered to diverse undergraduate students interested in business development, marketing or legal careers and follows Baker McKenzie's continued commitment to inclusion, diversity and equity.
Now in its third summer, this is a special year for the internship program, which was recently honored with the Firm's annual Paul Rawlinson award. The award recognizes initiatives that increase opportunities for young people from underrepresented groups and will be used to expand the program's global reach.
Throughout the summer, interns will support the Firm's business development team, working on client engagement, marketing, communications and business development initiatives. This year's program will also include opportunities to support the Center on Gender Justice & Opportunity at Georgetown Law, whose mission is to eliminate gender and racial disparities in education, health care and the legal system.
Baker McKenzie's 2023 ID&E Business Development Summer Interns are:
- Bhavisha Kishin Ramnani, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Mwamba Muntanga, Whitman College
- Akira Rivera, Loyola University Chicago College of Arts and Sciences
- Deja Shearrill, Emory University
- Anoushka Oke, McGill University
- Sebastian Beck, Tufts University
- Mila Panchich, Georgetown University
- Ben Carris, Northwestern University
- Chengda (Samuel) Li, University of California, Berkeley
- Sasha Carter, University of Maryland
- Evan Dembowski, Georgetown University
- Marybeth Mansaray, Towson University
- Lela Johnson, Clemson University
"We are excited to welcome these outstanding students to our Business Development, Marketing and Communications team for the summer. This program is not only a fantastic opportunity for our interns to learn about a new career path and hone their professional skills, the diverse experiences and perspectives they bring to the Firm are invaluable to our continued efforts to expand client outreach and engagement," said JeanMarie Campbell, Baker McKenzie Head of Client Development and North America CMO.Baker McKenzie's 2023 ID&E Business Development Internship Program runs from June 5 to July 28, 2023.