Costin Mihailescu is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Stockholm office. He focuses on mergers and acquisitions, with particular emphasis on financial sponsor work. Prior to joining the Firm in 2015, Costin was a senior associate in another international law firm.
Costin advises private equity houses and their portfolio companies on M&A transactions. He also has significant experience in advising private equity houses and their portfolio companies on leveraged and acquisition finance and restructurings.
Representative Legal Matters
Since joining the Firm, Costin has advised the following clients.
- Diversey, a portfolio company of Bain Capital Private Equity, on its acquisition of Twister.
- Corvara on its transfer of Industrial Services business to Veolia Nordics.
- Accent Equity on its acquisitions of Rydells Försäljning AB and S-Blommor i Stockholm AB.
- McDonald’s Corporation on its divestment and refranchising of all its restaurants in the Nordics.
- Accent Equity in its acquisitions of Eco Log and Tommy Nordbergh Åkeri.
- Physiol, a portfolio company of TA Associates, on its acquisition of Alyko Medical.
- Bain Capital in its divestment of Brakes Group, including the Swedish operations Menigo Foodservice, to Sysco for USD 3.1 billion.
Prior to joining the Firm, Costin has advised in connection with the following representative financial sponsor work.
- Accent Equity in its acquisitions of Nordic Traction and Cervera.
- Nordic Capital in connection with its acquisitions of a majority shareholding in Lindorff and Gina Tricot.
- Alipes and Samsyn Invest in connection with their divestment of all shares in Synsam.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swedish Bar Association - Member
- Sweden (2009)
- Stockholm University (LL.M. Juris Kandidat) (2004)