Costin Mihailescu is the Managing Partner of Baker McKenzie's Stockholm office. He focuses on mergers and acquisitions, with particular emphasis on financial sponsor work. Prior to joining the Firm in 2015, Costin was a senior associate in another international law firm.
Costin advises private equity houses and their portfolio companies on M&A transactions. He also has significant experience in advising private equity houses and their portfolio companies on leveraged and acquisition finance and restructurings.
Representative Legal Matters
- FSN Capital, a leading Northern European private equity investment firm with more than EUR 400 million in assets under management, on numerous transactions including the acquisitions of:
- Ilionx, a leading Dutch IT implementation partner, from Egeria Capital.
- Fellowmind, eCraft and Orango to create a leading European Group specialized in Microsoft Business Applications and Digital Workplace.
- OptiGroup, Hygas B.V., Trias Productive Holding B.V. and BFG Packaging Srl from the current
- Nordlo through the simultaneous combination of 20 independent IT consultancy providers from a leading IT operations services provider.
- Shareholders of Netigate on the divestment to GRO Capital.
- Petronas on its acquisition of Perstorp from PAI.
- AGIC Capital on its acquisition of Grafotronic.
- Nordic Capital on its divestment of Vizrt.
- Polaris Private Equity on its divestment of ProData.
- Nalka Invest on its acquisition of Uniwater.
- Sulzer on its acquisition of Nordic Water.
- Trill Impact on its acquisition of Nordomatic.
- Verdane and founders in the divestment of The Humble & Co.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swedish Bar Association - Member
- Sweden (2009)
- Stockholm University (LL.M. Juris Kandidat) (2004)