Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
To be responsible for the productivity and quality of the Technology Help Desk team and ensure that the team and individual goals and objectives are met by delivering excellent technical and non-technical support with outstanding customer service, satisfaction, and timeliness; manage the operational and administrative tasks; provide feedback and guidance to the team members; and coach, mentoring and addresses any employee performance and development opportunities.
- Take full responsibility of the team in terms of management and supervision of staff, production and quality targets to ensure the smooth running of the production processes that will contribute to the attainment of team goals and business target
- Demonstrate diligence and passion for quality in assessing delivery vs service level agreements
- Exercise independent judgment in providing solutions to complex problems or those without precedents
- Effectively manage project timelines and work scheduling vs client commitment and expectation
- Contribute to policy development by actively participating in meetings and providing inputs, insights and recommendations
- Act as Subject Matter Expert, provide training and guidance as necessary and assist the team members by providing correct course action for incidents and requests for fulfillment tasks
- Encourage team work; delegate and assign tasks and responsibilities to team members in their areas of strength and competencies to enable them put in their best, contribute to the successful accomplishment and for the Technology Help Desk team to meet production and business goals
- Lead by example and collaborate to inspire trust and build relationships with stakeholders
- Proactively increase the efficiency of the day-to-day operations by closely monitoring the quality of performance, productivity and metrics and identifying opportunities and suggesting solution and improvements regarding process, tools, people and any other operation related matter
- Manage and supervise the team by being visible to answer questions, queries and concerns.
- Take calls, emails and escalations and be available when a team member appears to need assistance
- Conduct performance reviews-- guide, coordinate, teach, critique work of team members; analyze gaps in performance, and recommend development plans
- Contribute in the execution of business plan through specific job assignments and projects as determined by the Management Team
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Good prior technology Help Desk experience in an enterprise environment following/aligned to ITIL best practices
- Advanced Microsoft Windows and Office troubleshooting skills
- Advanced knowledge in Active Directory administration
- Advanced knowledge in Exchange Management Console administration
- Good knowledge of the Firm's infrastructure and system environment
- Working knowledge of Macintosh and Apple devices troubleshooting
- Superior process methodology, problem solving and analytical skills
- Has the drive and ability to see problems through to resolution
- Demonstrates attention to detail in terms of following defined processes diligently and accurately
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new technology and applications
- Has initiative, sense of responsibility and commitment to high quality work
- Proven superior customer service skills
- Well-developed inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively
- Fluent written and spoken English with strong communication skills
- Willing to work on shifting schedule and work overtime as necessary
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively