Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
The Team Lead, Conflicts Management role will lead a team providing the Conflicts Management Service to In-Market personnel, including Partners and office staff; identify and analyze possible conflicts of interest for new business; monitor and manage the Conflict Management Request queue volumes, and ensure the Service Level Agreement (SLA) for Conflicts Management is maintained and exceptional service is provided.
The role will also supervise and line manage the Conflicts Management team and contribute towards HR administrative tasks, the team's performance, planning and management, employee morale, learning and professional development, as well as lead team meetings and provide necessary support to management.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert, assist the team and management in responding to technical queries relating to the identification and analysation of conflicts of interest for new business purposes
- Conflicts Management Request queue management, including adherence to SLA, monitoring and reporting on Key Performance Indicators
- Manage work tasks to ensure deadlines are met whilst providing exceptional service
- Collaborate and work closely with the Conflicts Management functional lead and other Conflict Management Team Leads across the Centers to expand the service offering and deliver a positive and successful team
- Liaise with and support NBI Managers, internal stakeholders and NBI team members across the Centers
- Develop and support Lean Six Sigma initiatives that continually improve the service, process and Conflicts Management operations
- Manage and lead team meetings to ensure team objectives are successfully achieved
- Contribute to the development of strategy to ensure high team morale and team building
- Administer holiday (PTO), sick leave and other time-off requests, inclusive of internal approvals, record keeping and data entry in relevant systems
- Review, monitor progress and provide feedback regarding employee performance goals on an ongoing basis
- Manage performance evaluations (mid-year and annual), inclusive of required liaison with relevant senior departmental and management personnel, inclusive of record keeping / data entry in relevant systems
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.
- Relevant undergraduate and/or law degree
- Previous conflicts of interest experience in a legal or professional services environment
- Supervisory or line management experience
- Anti-money laundering and/or business intake experience advantageous
- Exceptional problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Excellent time management, organizational, and administrative skills
- The capacity to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Proven ability to multi-task and work well under pressure, prioritize workloads and work to tight deadlines
- Highly self-motivated and proactive approach