Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
To support the Executive Director in delivering best-in-class operational solutions for the Tampa Center by leveraging innovative space management methodologies, security and risk management principles, operational efficiencies/best practices, and cross-center collaboration.
This role will also be the Baker McKenzie primary point of contact and management lead for the Office Services team assigned to the Tampa Center. This includes but is not limited to Office Services/Facilities, Reception, Mail, Copy, Print, Conference Center Management and Catering Services.
- Assume an active role in ensuring the successful planning for, and move to the new Tampa Center; be an active member, contributor and advisor to the buildout team leading up to, during and after the move
- Formulate operational policies, manage operational costs, ensure exceptional service delivery by the office services teams (facilities, reception, mail, copy, print, conference services & catering), improve administration processes, engage with vendors, hire and train operations employees who do not work for the outsourcing vendor, and maintain a safe and secure work space
- Analyze current trends and forecast future operational efficiencies for shared services business environments
- Keep Tampa Center functional managers informed of operational matters affecting their work and interests, and seek comments and suggestions to inform continuous improvement
- Deploy and manage an agile, fluid and innovative hoteling / hot desk solution for the Tampa Center; maintain accurate floor plans and location assignments to inform the hoteling/booking tool
- Work with Tampa Center HR to manage operations and logistics supporting the Tampa Center's bAgile flexible work initiative
- Manage a network of external resources (suppliers, contractors) as well as the building management team and internal resources to achieve intended results; help negotiate contracts and oversee service providers by building management including janitorial, HVAC, and others as appropriate
- Review/approve ancillary services invoices from building management, and manage Service Level Agreements for all office-related vendors
- Establish, execute and control office-related environmental, health, safety and security standards working closely with building management
- Identify, solicit approval, and implement Tampa Center building security programs and improvements
- Embrace and deploy the Firm's B-Green sustainability program in the Tampa Center operations; ensure that Tampa Center office-related vendors support the goals of the Firm's B-Green program
- Manage creative commuting/parking solutions for the Tampa Center; to potentially include negotiating and managing contracts with Parking Operators
- Develop and manage the Tampa Center Business Continuity Plan, including hurricane preparedness/natural disasters, and the risk register for approval by the Executive Director and Tampa Center Function Leads. Manage all business continuity communications to Tampa Center employees in the event of an emergency or natural disaster
- Support the alignment of Professional and Business Services operations across all Service Centers
- Ensure operational information for Quarterly Reports is provided in a timely and accurate manner
- Perform additional related duties as assigned
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a related discipline
- Proven leader with extensive experience and the ability to create and manage strong operational solutions
- Experience deploying hoteling and/or hot desking solutions a plus
- Experience running operations in shared services and/or professional services environments is preferred.
- Track record of commitment to corporate social responsibility and alignment to the Firm's culture and values; experience creating strategies that demonstrate the Firm's commitment to environmental stewardship is preferred
- Articulate and confident communicator
- Inquisitive, analytical, reflective thinker with a desire to engage and learn
- Ability to build trusting relationships with others
- Demonstrated attention to detail in substance and presentation
- Self-starter, able to spot open needs and proactively take initiative to address them
- Highly organised, able to prioritise deliverables and manage expectations
- Discreet, able to maintain confidentiality
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.