Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
The Network Team is responsible for all aspects (software and hardware) of the Firm's network systems. Recommends and implements network architectures (LAN and WAN). The Network Engineer will analyses networks and recommend upgrades/changes; assesses organization's current and future network needs. They will require a bachelor's degree or at minimum 10-15 years of experience in the field. The Network Engineering will collaborate in the development of best practices, policies, and procedures designed to increase the reliability and efficiency of the Firm's network infrastructure. The position's primary focus is to facilitate network communications throughout the Firm in compliance with organizational policies and standards.
- Coordinating Engineering Team information and activities with other IT members
- Assessing business and applications requirements for corporate data and voice networks
- Planning, designing and upgrading network installation projects
- Troubleshooting network architecture and making recommendations for system findings and enhancements
- Making recommendations for leveraging network installations and reducing operational costs
- Provide advanced network analysis and simulation skills in support of the Firm's application requirements
- Participate in the development and enforcement of infrastructure standards and policies as they relate to WAN and LAN technologies.
- Monitor internal and external compliance with the Firm’s information security policies and procedures. Identify non-compliant practices and assist with remediation.
- Participate in defining the Firm’s DR/BCP practices as required by governance best practices.
- Conceive, document and implement network policies and procedures.
- Provide internal consultation, training, and documentation services to applicable parties as required.
- Provide project management for all network initiatives that are not assigned a dedicated project management resource.
- Provide status reports to the Global Network Manager as required.
- Perform other relevant functions and tasks as assigned.
- Travel as necessary to support security initiatives, systems, incidents, and projects.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Thorough knowledge of WAN/LAN technologies, methods, and practices.
- Knowledge of Software Defined networking
- Knowledge of load balancers such as Netscaler or F-5
- Extensive experience with Wide Area and Local Area Networks.
- Specific knowledge of BGP and EIGRP protocols
- In-depth understanding of concepts and operating principles of data communications and information systems hardware and software.
- Thorough knowledge of network monitoring systems, vendor-supplied packaged programs, macros, utilities, and other highly technical programs.
- Ability to gather and analyses facts, draw conclusions, define problems, and suggest solutions.
- Ability to adapt, integrate, and modify existing programs or vendor-supplied package programs for use with existing information systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to conduct training and informational sessions.
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.