The Procurement Service Owner will assume accountability as the Owner for the Procurement end to end service area across geographic and business unit boundaries; partner with key members of the Procure to Pay and In-Market teams and other Professional & Business Services (PBS) teams to drive efficiencies and operational excellence in delivering timely and accurate payment to the Firm's vendors while minimizing business and financial risk.
• Collaborate with P2P leads and In Market teams across all geographies in the efficient, high quality delivery of Procurement end to end services across the Firm in alignment with the Service Catalog and systems.
• Collaborate with process and quality experts to establish appropriate Service Levels (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Facilitate the consolidation of KPI data and analyse findings; recommend and deliver solutions to address emerging challenges and opportunities.
• Align key stakeholders, both internal (budget owners, In Market business partners, etc.) and external (vendors) on the direction of the global process; support process implementation
• Assess team skills and support the end to end teams where necessary
• Build strong, collaborative working relationships with Center-based personnel and in-market business partners with a focus on driving efficiencies and improving levels of service. Create a one team global approach to support the global offices 22 hours a day.
• Collaborate with technology resources to ensure requisition and PO systems (SAP, SuccessFactors, Fiori) are used efficiently; recommend and assist with the implementation of system enhancements as part of a continuous improvement effort
• Design and execute testing strategies and plans for ongoing process and technology change initiatives
• Enhance and develop Procurement reporting and tools for items such as Spend, Efficiencies, Data Maintenance, etc.
• Maintain and document relevant policies and standard operating procedures
Skills and Experience:
•Bachelors degree in business administration, commerce, finance, liberal arts, or related courses
•Strong understanding of best practices related to purchase order processing, goods receipt and vendor issue resolution
•Experience leading teams in a shared service center or business process outsourcing organization as well as remote resources
•Strong understanding of purchasing and finance principles as well as the specific law firm or professional service accounting structure, environment and requirements
•Keen attention to detail and effective organizational skills
•Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
•Good working knowledge of MS Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook)
•Good working Knowledge of SAP
•Must be confident to escalate and ask questions, especially when being asked to deviate from standard processes
•Knowledge and experience of financial systems (SAP preferred) but not required
•Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines
•Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands, including learning new skills when required
•Strong problem solving and analytical skills
•Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction, follow up on own initiative