Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instil confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
To assume accountability as the Owner for the Procurement end to end service area across geographic and business unit boundaries; partner with key members of the Procure to Pay and In-Market teams and other Professional & Business Services (PBS) teams to drive efficiencies and operational excellence in delivering timely and accurate payment to the Firm's vendors while minimizing business and financial risk.
- Collaborate with P2P leads and In Market teams across all geographies in the efficient, high quality delivery of the Procurement End-to-End services, from purchase request through goods receipt, across the Firm in alignment with the Service Catalog
- Collaborate with Process and Quality (P&Q) experts to establish appropriate Service Levels (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Facilitate the consolidation of KPI data and analyse findings; recommend and deliver solutions to address emerging challenges and opportunities
- Align key stakeholders, both internal (budget owners, In-Market business partners, etc) and external (vendors) on the direction of the global process; support process implementation
- Assess team skills and support the End-to-End teams where necessary
- Build strong, collaborative working relationships with Center-based personnel and In-Market Business Partners with a focus on driving efficiencies and improving levels of service
- Collaborate with technology resources to ensure the systems which support procurement activities (SAP, SuccessFactors, Chrome River) are used efficiently; recommend and assist with the implementation of system enhancements as part of a continuous improvement effort
- Design and execute testing strategies and plans for ongoing process and technology change initiatives
- Enhance procurement reporting packages
- Maintain and document relevant policies and standard operating procedures
- Bachelors degree in business administration, commerce, finance, liberal arts, or related courses
- Strong understanding of best practices related to purchase order processing, goods receipt and vendor issue resolution
- Experience leading teams in a shared service center or business process outsourcing organization as well as remote resources.
- Strong understanding of accounting or finance principles as well as the specific law firm or professional service accounting structure, environment and requirements
- Keen attention to detail and effective organizational skills
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must be confident to escalate and ask questions, especially when being asked to deviate from standard processes.
- Knowledge and experience of financial systems (SAP preferred) but not required
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands, including learning new skills when required
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction, follow up on own initiative
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.