Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
To prepare, review and analyze financial information related to the Firm's Financial Model (i.e., the calculation and distribution of profits to the Firm's Principals); coordinate and execute departmental operational functions.
- Facilitate the Financial Model adjustment process and assist in the preparation, review and analysis of financial information related to the Firm’s Preliminary and Final Financial Model;
- Oversee the publication and distribution of all Financial Model information
- Coordinate the First, Second, Third and Fourth Advance distribution calculations in November, January, March and May based upon YTD financial results including scheduling and planning, reconciliation of all data sources, application of adjustments and special arrangements, distribution of the materials, and payment of distributions
- Review, validate and confirm all Principal draw and distribution activity; calculate and coordinate payments to principals (draws, distributions and capital); reconcile and manage over distribution/remainder payable accounts; reconcile and review retired and former principal activity
- Reply in a timely manner and thoroughly to various ad hoc requests and inquiries in particular those from the Principals of our Firm
- Manage the maintenance of records and information pertaining to key Financial Model components, including the scheduling of key deadlines, Associate Training Program data, authorized draw schedules, capital repayments, partner activity, and all cost allocation bases
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.
- BS or BA in accounting/finance or other business-related degree
- Good accounting/financial analysis experience
- Accounting and general ledger knowledge
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented with ability to prioritize multiple projects/tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Strong organization skills and flexibility