The Paralegal - Intellectual Property will provide high quality specialist support to the North America IPTech Practice Group. We are looking for someone who has a very strong work ethic, excellent attention to detail, and the confidence to liaise with people at all levels of the organization.
To be responsible for electronic filings of USPTO documents, international (PCT) applications, PCT amendments and Demands for International Preliminary Examination through PCT-Safe and ePCT; To be responsible for overseeing domestic and foreign patent prosecution matters from filing to grant including payment of annuities or interfacing with clients regarding payment of annuities.
Skills and Experience:
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience of patent filing and prosecution work experience, including familiarity with registration practice, IPR knowledge, and in-depth knowledge of patent filing and prosecution practices in the USPTO, PCT, and other major jurisdictions worldwide
- Working knowledge of patent docketing software
- Working knowledge of IP Master docketing software is preferred
- Meticulous with good attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Have a clear and succinct writing style
- Be comfortable working to and taking personal responsibility for managing tight deadlines work well as part of a tea
- Have good inter-personal skills, both verbally and in writing, whether dealing with colleagues, service providers or clients
- Be pro-active and able to demonstrate initiative working and diligent with a keen understanding of client demands