Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
To support the statutory accounting, reporting and inter firm billing requirements of the Member Firms, service companies and special purpose entities; develop and implement tools and processes to ensure the accurate statutory accounting for business events in special purpose and global entities; liaise with other Finance teams on monthly processing and accounting issues.
- Assist with fiscal year end accounting and analysis in connection with the team's year end deliverables to Member Firms and service companies
- Manage the invoicing, settlement, accounting, preparation of financial statements and maintenance of books and records for special purpose and global entities
- Work with auditors and local country personnel as it relates to special purpose entity financial statement audits
- Monitor inter firm activity and liaise with local and Expert Finance teams as it relates to corrections and proper accounting for transactions for statutory and management purposes
- Liaise with Finance groups on accounting issues and train on accounting changes driven by statutory needs
- Assist with fiscal year end accounting and analysis in connection with the team's year end deliverables to Member Firm and service companies
- Consult with Member Firm finance personnel to resolve inter firm accounting issues and to identify documentation needs
- Establish accounting for transactions that require different treatment for statutory purpose and oversee training and implementation
- Recruitment, supervision and development of staff in different locations
- Establish new processes and functions while identifying problems and coordinate with appropriate resources to develop solutions
- Responsible for critical and creative thinking and analysis to determine approaches and goals to particular objectives
- Develop creative ways to meet the statutory reporting objectives in a changing environment, using SAP as a billing system while maintaining the integrity of the existing processes such as the Financial Model
- Obtain the cooperation of Finance staff that do not report to the position
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.
- Technical skills, qualifications and experience BA/BS or equivalent degree in Accounting; CPA or equivalent preferred
- Accounting experience in a corporate or professional services environment; law firm experience preferred
- Management experience required
- Excellent understanding of general accounting principles
- Knowledge of financial systems (SAP preferred), and business applications and languages (Excel, Access)
- Strong leadership, supervisory, and project management skills
- Flexibility with regards to changing priorities
- Time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with supervisor and staff in a different location
Closing Date for Application: 4 April 2019