Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
The Legal Project Management Junior Coordinator will work with the Legal Project Management (LPM) Center team to help increase revenue, improve profitability and provide exceptional client service on the Firm's most complex matters through more effective LPM; accelerate the Firm's ability to deliver tangible financial and non-financial benefits on selected key matters in conjunction with the client team; and develop, co-ordinate and implement consistent best practice across the Firm.
The Legal Project Management Junior Coordinator will support those regional matters where scope is difficult to define, where management of the agreed commercial terms is critical and where there are a large number of practice areas, fee earners or jurisdictions involved; support client teams to better manage project scope and delivery, resulting in capturing out-of-scope revenue, minimizing write-offs, and improving overall matter efficiency.
- Support specific client-facing projects
- Coordinate work effort, scoping, planning, fee monitoring, status reporting, tracking scope changes, liaising with specialist departments and offices worldwide
- Liaise with the client, the Firm's client matter team as well as the Firm's specialist departments and offices worldwide
- Support the Principal/ Lead Associate in defining matter scope, track and manage changes
- Prepare project plans and Gantt charts to support the client matter team
- Report on status and track issues
- Monitor costs and fees on an ongoing basis
- Prepare client team and client status report and provide timely updates to client team partners on potential issues identified
- Establish appropriate project IT infrastructure and support other IT systems
- Support the implementation of project management tools and efficiency improvements
- Research practice area processes through discussions with fee earners for matter supported and identify key areas of improvement
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree (law or business degree preferred)
- Some experience in project management roles
- Formal Project Management qualification (e.g. PRINCE2, PMP, or equivalent) desirable
- Experience working within law firms or other professional services firms (e.g. accounting, consulting)
- Knowledge of relevant IT packages: e.g. Document Management Systems, Project Extranets, Microsoft Project experience
- Outstanding communication skills. Demonstrated ability and desire to work collaboratively with senior-level professionals to help them succeed in meeting their business development objectives
- Ability to work independently. Willingness to work hands-on to achieve objectives in a relatively “flat” organizational structure
- Ability to build relationships with and influence senior stakeholders
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in pulling, preparing reports, executive summaries and status reports for consumption by attorneys and clients
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, and financial systems and reports
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.