Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
- To support the Head of Communications agency in ensuring the needs of offices and senior stakeholders/leadership are addressed and managed proportionately and prioritized accordingly.
- To work effectively and efficiently as part of the wider BDMC E2E team to provide a range of strategic and functional communications services to enhance the Firm’s engagement, in particular with regards to Industry Group and Practice Group internal communications delivery.
- To work collaboratively and innovatively with offices and leadership around the Firm to advise and support on communications planning and execution - with a strong emphasis on internal audiences and engagement.
- To promote and help nurture a One Team ethos and promote best practice across the team, ensuring tasks and projects are dealt with appropriately and responsively and exhibiting a consistently proactive, 'can-do' approach.
- Work closely with internal communications Expert team to align approach and help plan and optimize delivery appropriately
- Audit current internal communications and advise on consolidation and how to achieve best impact
- Provide and help implement best practice guidance for all groups to follow on communicating to their people
- Lead the creation and curation of newsletters and blogs for Transactional Group communications and others - with an emphasis on consolidating where appropriate
- Manage and build BakerXchange campaigns and associated logistics
- Measure and monitor stats of campaigns to check engagement levels
- Advise on alternative forms of communication - video, blogs, podcast
- Provide guidance on Workplace and how it should be used as a P tool
- Ensure a presence on Workplace for Internal collaboration, in group and cross-team work
- Standardized the format of each BakerWorld site - to help improve user experience
- Work with Design Services team to help produce communications collateral across all channels
- Act as lead for an Tampa/Local specific communications projects/issues - in close liaison with local leadership and wider team
- Join the dots on the internal communications described above to make sure relevant external opportunities are leveraged by the wider team and the correct colleagues are kept informed
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.
- Good experience in a communications agency or communications role
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a related discipline
- Experience of managing and delivering a broad suite of internal communications
- Demonstrable good judgement even under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and work well under tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent client servicing, stakeholder management and collaboration skills with a 'can do' mentality
- Good interpersonal skills
Closing Date for Application: 4 April 2019