Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people -- regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age -- to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.
The In-Market Business Partner (IMBP) will serve as the In-Market point of contact for the Intake, Billing and Collections (IBC) process from the financial aspects of pitch support through coordination of collections disputes. The IBC business partner role is heavily focused on obtaining and validating information needed for the accurate and timely processing of transactions in the Centers and in providing support to lawyers and other In-Market personnel in navigating the IBC process.
- Coordinate monthly billing plans with Center personnel to ensure that WIP inventory is billed at the appropriate time (e.g., monthly, at closing for transactions, as interim bills are paid, etc.) and serve as the In-Market point of escalation for Center personnel as needed on WIP and billing issues
- Work with the Pricing Specialist to ensure that all financial terms as agreed with client are reviewed and recorded for use in intake and billing processes. Such terms include pricing arrangements, payment terms and other client-specific requirements (e.g., budgets and accruals)
- Review new matters to ensure that the tax treatment is properly identified and applied
- For In-Market supported clients: follow up new and revised budgets with lawyers; ensure that accruals and other client reporting are completed as required
- Handle escalations for collections issues and dispute management
- Act as the In-Market steward of the end-to-end IBC process by understanding all aspects of the relevant processes, policies and tools
- Provide guidance to lawyers and other In-Market personnel to address process issues as they arise; coordinate as needed with Center personnel or IBC Service Owners and Center leadership to resolve process or capacity issues
- Work towards continuous improvement of IBC processes including adapting to changes in local regulatory requirements
- Support the leadership on firm wide initiatives and special projects
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience focusing on financial management, accounting or other related areas
- Significant relevant Finance experience. Experience in Finance Operations and/ or Finance Shared Services in a professional services organization is preferred
- Leadership capacity to resolve complex problems within a cross-functional environment
- Proven ability to influence, interact and consult with senior leaders regarding finance processes, guidelines and compliances
- Demonstrated expertise in operational efficiency and financial accounting
- Strong project management and systemic thinking skills
- Ability to network and collaborate with teams both regional and global, while acknowledging their cultural, social and academic diversity
- Working proficiency in using MS Office and other Productivity Tools