Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
To support HR and program administration and coordinate recruitment activities; play an important part in building a strong employer brand for the Firm to ensure we attract, hire, and retain top talent; participate in building and shaping how we position Baker McKenzie as the Employer of Choice in the Tampa Bay Area.
- Data administration for employee lifecycle events ( i.e. new hire, transfer, termination)
- Payroll review and timecard administration
- Create new hire folders, I-9 administration, and general filing
- Complete employment verification
- Manage Tuition Assistance administration
- Assist the Recruitment Manager and recruiting team in scheduling interviews, greeting candidates, creating offer letters, and running background checks
- Assist the HR Director with New Hire Orientation bi-weekly and sending out Benefits New Hire emails
- Schedule exit interviews
- Find solutions that accommodate the diverse hiring needs and be responsible for driving accuracy and efficiency
- Meet and greet candidates who are on-site for interview
- Deliver a seamless and positive recruiting experience for all candidates
- Produce ad hoc recruiting reports as needed
- Perform administrative duties as required
- Responsibilities will shift as changes are implemented due to current initiatives underway
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
- Previous exposure to Benefits Plans and HRIS systems
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, in particular exceptional Excel skills
- Knowledge of HR policies and employment laws
- High level of discretion, diplomacy and a commitment to maintaining the highest level of confidentiality
- Proven ability to manage through ambiguity and change; readily adapt to changing needs and demands and carry out expectations with an optimistic attitude
- Proven ability to effectively manage competing priorities and work to deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interface with all levels of the organization and across geographic and cultural boundaries
- Ability to keep detailed, accurate and confidential information and records with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to build strong relationships within and outside of team to accomplish goals; experience creating and sustaining relationships with external and internal clients
- Strong time management, organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and work independently
- A proactive self-starter with strong initiative and the ability to learn quickly and think on your feet
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.