The HR Specialist will be responsible for recruitment, Human Resources policy interpretation and administration, employee on-boarding and off-boarding, and employee relations for the Tampa Service Center.
- Responsible for on-boarding and off-boarding processes to include:
- New Joiner Welcome Process to include offer letters, background checks, systems set-up, Form I-9 completion, file administration, etc.
- Process employee transfers
- Process separations
- Propose and deliver continuous improvement in HR policies, procedures, and processes with the priority focus on delivery of excellence
- Assist with the recruitment process by interviewing, preparing offer letters, monitoring background checks, and processing new hire paperwork
- Provide ad hoc ER support for HR Business Partner where appropriate.
- Lead employee appreciation week
- Adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, frequent change, or unexpected events
- Simultaneously handle multiple projects with a sense of urgency.
- Work in an environment which requires flexibility, innovation, superb client service skills, and organizational skills
- Responsible for ensuring managers and employees are adhering to timekeeping compliance by conducting bi-weekly audits and timesheet administration to ensure employees are paid properly
- In this role, you'll manage the administration of all leaves of absence and accommodation requests in partnership with our external vendor
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of a variety of HR processes and programs
- Participate in the SuccessFactors project by providing expertise and best practices
- Undertake ad hoc projects as directed by the HR Business Partner & HR Director
- Must have the ability to prioritize and deal with conflicting workload requirements
- Responsible for partnering with HR Business Partner and HR Director to deploy HR processes
- Other HR and administrative duties as assigned
Technical skills, qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Preferred: PHR or SPHR
- Human resources experience to include experience with employee relations, performance management, compensation (year-end process) new hire orientation/on-boarding, and recruiting
- Preferred prior experience working with SuccessFactors platform
- Must have effective verbal and written communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Self-directed team player with proven ability to develop and sustain relationships at all levels in the organization
- Responsible for updating and maintaining HR systems as needed
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and establish trust and credibility with all employees and managers in the Tampa Center
- Working knowledge of compensation (year-end process), performance management
- General knowledge of federal, state and local changes to and/or new regulations/laws pertaining to human resources
- Working knowledge of process pertaining to FMLA, short-term / long-term disability (salary continuation) and worker’s compensation
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast paced team-oriented environment