Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instil confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
The Applications Engineer, Finance Solutions will be responsible for the support, management and enhancement of a portfolio of application products that support the daily operations focusing on maximizing the value of the portfolio, and achieving the right balance and mix of products.
- Provide technical and functional support to the business, acting as an escalation point to resolve urgent and/or complex issues for all applications in the Finance portfolio
- Take ownership for incidents or problems assigned and see these through to completion on a timely basis
- Monitor performance of Finance applications, ensuring continuous improvement, responsiveness, accountability, and seamless effective service for the business through analysis of the incidents; understand patterns with the aim of improving the product, delivery methodology and overall organization
- Assist the Portfolio Manager with analysis of Finance applications/solutions and project related tasks
- Assist with the development of standardization and rationalization plans and ensuring the Finance products meet the changing needs of the business through the lifecycle of the product
- Assist with the proactive maintenance of current Finance systems by planning and adopting upgrades in a timely manner, and determine the impact on existing operations by consulting with other IT teams
- In alignment with Firm priorities, participate in projects for enhancements and changes necessary to meet changing business requirements for Finance products
- Assist with the development and maintenance of all relevant Finance systems, CI, CMDB and 1st/2nd line documentation; assist in providing the relevant training to Service Desk and On-site Teams
- Maintain and improve professional and technical knowledge and keep abreast of innovation and changes relevant to the portfolio
- Maintain existing relationships with technology vendors within the Finance Solutions portfolio
- Contribute to team effort through communication, cooperation and coordination with other IT teams including:
- Packaging teams on application deployment
- Security team to certify the solutions/products meet our security requirements
- Technical Change Team for submissions of RFC's via the ITSM process
- Program Management Office (PMO) team for projects related to Finance Solutions
- Understand how the business use the Finance applications in the portfolio, monitoring licensing numbers and ensure they are being used efficiently
- Implementation and on-going maintenance of effective system governance, compliance, and business continuity procedures for managed products in accordance with ISMS Policies
- Financial knowledge
- Strong experience in IT support
- Reasonable awareness of and interest in ICT trends relevant for the application portfolio
- Exposure to troubleshooting client server, web based technologies and applications
- Knowledge of server technology: Microsoft Windows Server, MS SQL., IIS, Active Directory, Group Policy, SharePoint
- Experience in application upgrades and support pack application
- Knowledge of and experience in Finance is considered a strong plus
- Strong communication skills - demonstrated ability to communicate professionally in business language, in both oral and written formats (English)
- Ability to build and maintain trusted relationships and open two way communication
- Ability to work independently and as a cohesive member of a team
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to learn new skills in a short period of time.
- Excellent analytical ability
- Ability to understand the importance of team work both within the team and the wider IT team
- Ability to translate functional issues and questions into application solutions
- Fluent written and spoken English
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.