The Employment & Compensation Junior Paralegal / Project Assistant will support the Director of Legal Services and Associate Director, Legal Services with the execution of client billable paralegal and project assistant assignments from the Employment & Compensation (E&C) practice and related administrative support activities, and assist with the delivery of projects to the various Baker McKenzie offices around the globe.
The intent is for the NA E&C practice group to have enough work to keep this role busy.
- Discharging client assignments as defined by the E&C partners and associates
- Assist with editing and maintenance of billable and complimentary knowledge management tools published by E&C group
- Assist with project management of large matters (e.g., transactions, litigation, etc.)
- Conducting billable projects, working individually or with teams
- Compile data or other research for preparation of employment-based filings or other projects
- Communicating with the instructing team, other internal Baker McKenzie teams (such as the Global eDiscovery & Data Advisory team) and relevant third parties (where appropriate) throughout the duration of billable projects.
- Investigate, compile and digest facts of the case
- Draft appropriate forms/filings regarding client matters
- Ensuring own compliance with Firm time recording requirements on projects
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or Paralegal certificate required
- Strong experience in US and/or Global Employment and Compensation field, with law firm experience preferred.
- Must have exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the Firm
- Knowledge of relevant IT packages, such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint and extranet administration
- Experience of document review platforms, such as Relativity, Ringtail, Clearwell etc.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Must demonstrate high degree of responsibility and dedication
- Ability to command the respect of colleagues