Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
The Global Desktop Platform Engineer is a member of the Global Desktop Platforms team, one of the technical groups that comprises the Global Infrastructure team under the Firm’s Global Technology department.
The objective of the Global Desktop team is (to streamline the Firm’s workstation infrastructure through simplification, standardization and automation, and provide Firm users with a secondary platform for seamless access to core applications and documents, both from within and outside the Firm.
Specifically, the Desktop Team provides and organizes the following:
- Create and maintain a single and global desktop SOE containing all core software components and configurations
- Create and maintain a single global Citrix server baseline build
- Maintain the Firm's mobile computing environment
- Package core and specialized applications in a consistent and modular way so that they can be published, pushed, pulled down on demand
- Create and define hardware standards for new Firm owned desktop and laptop purchases
- Define, develop and review Citrix and Workstation standards, policies and recommendations, as needed.
- Operating system and application patching and deployment
- Establish processes to ensure that local office feedback is incorporated into standards and policies
- Ensure duplication of effort and re-engineering is minimized
- Ensure that knowledge is captured and shared efficiently to reduce incident resolution times
- Assist in the continual development and expansion of existing Citrix and SCCM toolsets to deliver the best possible user experience to all clients within the firm
- Participate and collaborate on global, regional and local projects
- In addition to the above responsibilities, the Desktop Team provides Tier-3 support and assistance on incidents escalate from across the local offices as well as other global IT and business services
- Experienced, MCSE & CCA-V certified preferred, with a solid working knowledge on a wide variety of desktop hardware and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (XenApp) server/client, including peripherals, as well as operating system, virtual computing and general business applications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows Desktop OS, Group Policies, and AD
- Proficiency in building, managing and maintaining an enterprise Citrix farm and it's supporting infrastructure components. Knowledgeable in troubleshooting performance issues is required
- Knowledgeable in Windows Server and Hyper-V is preferred
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft SCCM. Detailed knowledge of its use in patching, application delivery & operating system deployment in an enterprise environment
- Proficiency in scripting and packaging applications for enterprise deployment Visual Basic & primarily Powershell is preferred
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.