Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
To provide designs, best practices and develops standards and policies for the server, storage and directory services systems in Baker & McKenzie offices; plan upgrades, migrations and resolve integration issues affecting server systems, projects and efforts; participate in the scoping and design of new infrastructure systems; and provide guidance on standards, policies, and procedures related to the operation of server and storage systems.
- Investigate and implement latest technologies on the server, storage, directory services and general infrastructure landscape as well as relevant systems that will enhance improve our infrastructure environment
- Provide design and configuration of servers, storage and directory services in the regional data centers, and office computer rooms (where applicable)
- Collect and plan for capacity of server and storage environments to ensure adequate resources are available for new projects. Make cost-effective use of those platforms
- Provide support on issues caused by configuration and design failures
- Provide hardware specification and purchasing advice to all offices and global teams for new server and storage equipment
- Participate in regular conference calls/meetings with the Datacenter Architect team
- Provide input into current and new server polices and standards as they relate to hardware, software and security
- Assist with training and mentoring of other team members to raise the technical skill level of the entire team. Provide support to the offices with primary focus on regional data centers for all maintained systems via telephone, e-mail, remote connection or on-site as required
- Liaise with colleagues in technical teams, vendors, third parties, etc where necessary to resolve incidents
- Attend conferences, seminars, etc in order to retain an awareness of current IT technologies as applicable to the firm and make recommendations as appropriate
- Retain skills relevant to the position on an on-going basis through training (instructor-led and CBT as appropriate), and periodic review of technical journals, white papers, manuals, etc
- Play an active role in IT conference calls and webinars, presenting materials and speaking on projects, new technologies under review, etc, for peer review and comment.
- Provide out of hours level 3 support to the Servers Systems Team and other global teams on major outages; after hours support via phone will occasionally be required
- Keep up-to-date time-reporting records
- Ensure testing is carried out on all new configurations and systems prior to deployment into production environments
- Responsible for keeping incidents within Service Level Agreement timelines and for keeping the other team members and end users informed as to status of incidents and escalating as appropriate when additional assistance is required to resolve
- Maintain strict confidentiality - the Datacenter Architect will have access and control of System and Application Service account credentials throughout the network enterprise that cannot be divulged to individuals outside of GIS, Financial Management Systems the Systems Operation Center groups
- Delivery of IT projects, the degree of involvement will vary from overall project management to performing individual tasks according to the project concerned. Projects will include upgrades to existing systems, migrations to alternative systems and installation of new technologies. Project-related (international) travel to other offices will be required occasionally
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Degree in Computer Science is preferred, but not mandatory
- Excellent experience with Microsoft Operating systems, designing, implementing in a multi-site and multi-location architecture
- Experience in very large enterprise environment with remote locations
- Microsoft Certified Professional or other relevant recognized qualification
- Design and configuration of the global Active Directory infrastructure, including security, naming standards, and synchronization issues
- Proficient in design and support in the following products:
- Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
- x86 server hardware
- VMWare Vsphere and Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization
- Microsoft System Center products including SCCM, SCVMM and SCOM
- Storage platforms
- Active Directory and other directory service-related technologies
- Automation and scripting technologies
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- A team player with initiative and a proactive approach
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable interest in learning new software applications
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.