Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
The Client Support Specialist will help manage client relationships from a finance operations perspective involving coordination of new assignments, matter opening, pricing, matter management, billing, collections, and reporting; provide comprehensive and commercially focused Quote-to-Cash (Q2C) support as well as ensuring that effective matter management practices are in place and being followed.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for a portfolio of clients for Partners, client managers, project managers and others to coordinate assignments, budgeting, billing, collections, and reporting for Key Clients
- Support the matter intake process by providing and reviewing data as needed for new engagements
- Coordinate the implementation and maintenance of financial terms (e.g., pricing arrangements) with the relevant internal teams and client contacts
- Coordinate the review and approval of Outside Client Guidelines and similar financial terms
- Support client reporting requests as needed (recurring or ad hoc)
- Ensure that issues are being resolved timely and by the right teams within the global Baker McKenzie network of offices and shared service centers (e.g. rates, budgets, e-billing, billing, etc.)
- Interact and coordinate with other teams as needed, including Business Development, Procurement, E-billing, Pricing, and Project Management for up-stream and down-stream activities related to finance operations
- Manage client and Partner expectations with respect to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as defined by the Global Process Owners and work within already established and agreed parameters
- Work with colleagues to develop new best practices and identify new efficiencies in accordance with a culture of continuous improvement
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong experience in Financial Management, Accounting, or Business
- Some billing experience, preferably within a professional services environment would be advantageous
- Proven ability to confidently influence, interact and consult with senior leaders regarding finance processes, guidelines and compliances
- Demonstrated expertise in operational efficiency and financial accounting
- Strong project management and systemic thinking skills
- Working proficiency in using MS Office and other productivity tools
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems quickly with positive energy, forward thinking, and high ethical standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal effectively at all levels throughout an international firm
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.