Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
- Review, prepare and finalize monthly Interfirm Invoicing and Settlement for various special purpose and service entities
- Assist in the preparation of Special Purpose and Service Entity Statutory Books
- Assist in the preparation of Special Purpose and Service Entity Financial Statements and supporting audit documentation
- Prepare Monthly reconciliations and provide suggested correcting accounting entries for various interfirm accounts
- Prepare and post journal entries as needed
- Assist with numerous statutory accounting projects as identified by supervisor
- Research Management and Statutory accounting issues and communicate issues to supervisor and other financial accountants as needed
- Provide accounting estimates for special purpose and service entities
- Coordinate with US offices related to special purpose, service center and US branch entities
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- Good relevant accounting experience (service industry preferred)
- Strong management accounting and general ledger skills
- SAP knowledge preferred but not required
- Strong excel skills
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to excel in a role with constantly changing priorities