Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
The Recruitment Manager - Tampa Center will be responsible for the end-to-end recruitment for the Tampa Center departments and teams which are responsible for providing professional business services (PBS) globally for the Firm; develop and execute a recruitment strategy focused on traditional and creative sourcing methodologies; and manage the recruitment operations with the aim of identifying and attracting high-potential, diverse, and engaged talents.
To play a key role in building a strong employer brand for our Firm to ensure we attract, hire, and retain top talent at Baker McKenzie and participate in building and shaping how we position Baker McKenzie as the Employer of Choice in the Tampa Bay Area.
- Understand, analyze and anticipate current labor market trends and their effects on recruitment and retention
- Assist with the creation and implementation of a recruitment plan for the Tampa Center, consistent with overall Centers' strategy, to attract high performing and qualified talents in the labor market
- Explore creative ways of attracting and acquiring talent utilizing all possible approaches including traditional and non-traditional methodologies
- Establish, develop, and maintain contacts with Colleges and Universities, executive search and other placement firms, government institutions, and other sources of potential applicants to create a steady pool of talents
- Promote continuous improvement by generating creative solutions
- Collaborate and consult with Functional Managers and Directors across the Center's PBS functions on strategic and tactical recruitment plans designed to meet their business objectives through the acquisition of talent
- Create and execute recruitment processes consistent with the Firm's goals and business objectives and the overall Centers' strategy
- Develop and implement programs, policies, and procedures covering end-to-end recruitment activities including but not limited to sourcing, selection, job placement, and employee orientation
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to the Recruitment team to enhance their knowledge, skills, and expertise in sourcing, identifying, and placing qualified candidates
- Consult with the management team for strategic direction and alignment of the recruitment plans with the other HR programs and interventions
- Collaborate with the HR and Tampa Center Management Teams to overcome recruitment challenges in accordance with overall Centers' strategy
- Monitor the Recruitment budget to ensure that resources are efficiently allocated and managed
- Responsibilities will shift as changes are implemented due to current initiatives underway
- Bachelor's degree
- Significant experience in Recruitment (sourcing, placement, and hiring), in particular targeting and recruiting a diverse range of candidates using creative and innovative recruitment strategies
- Prior experience in a professional services firm is preferred, but not a prerequisite
- Some experience of managing the performance of, and budget for, external search firms
- Good experience of recruitment processes, including applicant tracking systems, reporting on performance and keeping track of recruiting metrics
- Proven ability to manage through ambiguity and change; shows personal commitment to embracing and adapting to change
- Ability to show a clear understanding of the Tampa Center's recruitment priorities and be proactive in achieving the Center's recruitment needs
- Good coaching and counselling skills
- Proven ability to effectively manage competing priorities and work to deadlines
- Possess strong judgment and ability to make well-reasoned independent decisions
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.