Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
The Senior Manager, People & Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Analytics will provide leadership, direction, and expertise in the delivery of the Firm's End-to-End global People & D&I Analytics function. The role will be involved in the redesign, development, and improvement of People & D&I Analytics to achieve efficiency, quality, and enhanced employee and candidate experience leveraging relevant technology platforms.
- Provide expertise and leadership in the redesign, development, and implementation of existing or new People metrics and research strategies across employee life cycle including but not limited to recruitment, promotion, mobility, performance, leadership, diversity
- Define the service delivery framework, KPIs and processes in collaboration with the GPO-H2R and Global Functional Leaders to support the Firm's People strategies with focus on both Legal Professionals and Professional & Business Services (PBS)
- Proactively identify and resolve issues within the process and delivery of analytical data and information. Partner with the In-Market and Expert teams to deliver a more integrated and seamless approach to People & D&I Analytics
- Partner with the GPO-H2R and Global Functional Leaders to develop and recommend key People metrics based on organizational goals and strategies.
- Drive a culture of constant improvement, identifying, and implementing initiatives in order to increase effectiveness, accuracy, and efficiency in the People & D&I Analytics function
- Drive the team in delivering high impact global People-related analytics project/program by employing appropriate and systematic methodology in data gathering, analysis, visualization, interpretation, and reporting, while efficiently providing quality standard People metrics/reports
- Provide key insights and recommendations to leadership team and other stakeholders based on the results of People research and analysis
- Manage and lead a high performing global end-to-end People Analytics and Reporting function with focus on coaching and development, as well as D&I ongoing reports and surveys
- Develop top talent by leading regular and having robust performance/coaching conversations and ensuring the support systems within the organization
- Lead the E2E People & D&I Analytics function on business continuity planning and crisis management. Implement strategies towards recovery
- Perform other functions as may be assigned by immediate manager from time to time
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Psychology, Behavioral Science, Applied Statistics, Social Sciences, or other relevant courses, or equivalent work experience
- Extensive relevant experience in managing/leading specialized function/s, with substantial experience in People Research, Analytics and Reporting (or other related quantitative/qualitative analysis roles)
- Deep domain knowledge in most HR practices and processes, data flow, and management, preferably proven functional knowledge on D&I programs, succession planning, and leadership
- Exceptional analytical skills, mastery of business intelligence or related discipline, along with critical thinking skills in formulating hypotheses, interpreting results, and be able to make educated guesses when data may be sparse or unavailable
- Advanced proficiency or practical knowledge in data analysis tools (MS Excel, SPSS, R, JASP, etc.) and presentation/visualization tools (Word, PowerPoint, Tableau, Power BI)
- Experience and proficiency in business/process analysis, developing standard metrics/dashboards, and workforce plans in a multinational or global organizations, preferably from professional services organizations
- Executive presence - ability to interact and influence at C-level
- Excellent executive presentation skills - should have the ability to distil and present actionable information derived from complex data
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills with a demonstrated track record of successfully leading key global initiatives from start to finish; ability to appropriately plan, organize, coordinate, and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with virtual teams and drive by influence
- Able to sift through the nuances and discern the most effective and efficient processes that would harmonize potentially differing approaches to come up with the new standard defining a higher level of quality and experience
- Well-versed on emerging trends in the analytics field (e.g., flow of work)
- Working knowledge of data privacy law
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.