The Chicago office of Baker & McKenzie LLP seeks a Senior Immigration Paralegal who will be responsible for providing support to attorneys in the Global Migration and Executive Transfers group in the preparation and management/administration of immigration filings for corporate clients.
- Extensive responsibility for preparation of accurate US submissions, including processing large volume cases including H-1B, TN, L-1A, L-1B, O and other relevant applications.
- Perform legal assignments under supervision of an attorney or case manager.
- Compile data for preparation of employment-based, immigrant-related filings.
- Support attorneys and local counsel in coordination of Global Business Immigration cases including jurisdictions such as Australia, United Kingdom, India, and UAE among others.
- Assist with initial client intake to obtain relevant case information.
- Assist attorney/case manager with evaluating case issues and case strategy.
- Investigate, compile and digest facts of the case, i.e. arrange for outside interpreter if necessary; locate, obtain and preserve client documentation; review and organize client documentation; and analyze and summarize all data.
- Prepare appropriate forms regarding client matters before the Departments of State, Homeland Security and Labor.
- Draft correspondence to clients with support of attorneys/case managers.
- Assist client with assembling documentation, completion of forms, case status, etc.
- Review files on a regular basis, consult with attorney and prepare regular status reports to client.
- Maintain and update files and databases for clients, tracking multiple deadlines for employer clients.
- Timely and regular attendance and flexibility to work overtime to assist with client needs and meet pending submission deadlines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Paralegal Certificate preferred.
- A minimum of four (4) to six (6) years' experience in US and/or Global Business Immigration field, with law firm experience preferred.
- Must have exceptional communication skills, both oral and written. Complex writing skills with problem solving ability.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the Firm.
- Must have solid knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, INSZoom Immigration database software, and extranet administration.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must demonstrate high degree of responsibility and dedication.