Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.
The senior Adobe forms developer will perform complex ABAP programming , Adobe forms design, development , testing, and debugging, work on implementations, enhancements, and support of SAP modules.
- Design, development and administration of Adobe forms using the live cycle designer.
- Provide the support to the existing Adobe forms by fixing the issues and making requested changes
- Collaborate with a cross-functional and multi-location project team to ensure that work delivered meets business requirements and standards both functionally and technically
- Evaluate, interpret and understand Functional Specifications for highly complex custom development in PS, S2C and FI modules; collaborate with other SAP developers, designers, and architects to ensure Technical Requirements of ABAP applications meet or exceed the functional application requirements and performance goals
- Provide Technical support to jobs and interface-related requests escalated by the Functional team or route tickets to the next level of support as needed
- Perform ABAP development as directed by the ABAP Technical Lead and adhere to development and coding standards as well as SAP best practices; follow security coding best practices to ensure the application is free of most common coding vulnerabilities
- Translate functional specifications into technical design documents, provide estimates and deliver the desired functionality
- Perform technical testing of the developed solution and peer code reviews of team member solutions and fix any defects and performance problems discovered
- Document the solutions to facilitate maintenance
- Inform the solution architects, ABAP Technical Lead and Project
Manager of any issues that may affect any other areas of the project
Participate in all SAP implementation projects as a technical team member
- As part of the Change Management process, complete and maintain risk, impact and implementation work orders; for emergency application changes, build new releases in the development environment, transfer new releases from development to test environments, and perform production configuration and technical code validation as necessary
- Participate in the build, deployment, testing and remediation of release(s), execute knowledge transfer activities, import transports and provide production support as part of the Release and Deployment Management process
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Design, development and administration of Adobe forms for Sales orders, Invoices and Check forms.
- Ability to build new forms from the scratch , understand & fix the issues with the existing forms using Adobe Live cycle designer
- Ability to insert both static and dynamic elements in to the forms and integrating forms into ABAP programs
- Proven experience in building SAP Print Forms, create ABAP Workflows and perform batch job monitoring
- Ability to migrate legacy forms in to Adobe forms
- Hands-on experience on BADI’s, Proxies, switch framework, IDOCs, BTE, User Exits and Web Dynpro is required with hands on working knowledge
- Demonstrated high level of ABAP debugging and performance tuning skills
- In-depth functional experience in at least one SAP business module (FI-CO, or SD-Resource Based Billing) as well as working knowledge in two or more other modules
- Strong knowledge and application of software development lifecycle
- Ability to troubleshoot and determine the root cause of various SAP related issues and experience with Performance optimization tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with business partners and IT functional analysts in a multi-cultural environment. Mentoring and support for our junior team members is expected
- SAP certifications preferred
- BS or MS degree in engineering, a related technical field or the equivalent experience is required. In addition:
- A minimum of 8 years of SAP ABAP programming experience in SAP system implementation or maintenance (including, but not limited to reports, interfaces, enhancements, function modules, and module pool)
- A minimum of 6 years of experience with ABAP Proxy Framework and building SAP Print Forms
- At least 5 years of Experience working with Design, development and administration of Adobe forms.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience with performance tuning for existing ABAP programs
- 4+ years of in-depth functional experience in at least one SAP business module (FI-CO, or SD-Resource Based Billing) as well as working knowledge in two or more other modules