At Baker & McKenzie LLP, we are different in the way we think, work and behave -- like no other firm and few other businesses. With more than 4,100 locally admitted lawyers and more than 5,800 business service professionals in 77 offices worldwide, we have a passionately collaborative community of 60 nationalities and are committed to world-class career development to everyone in every job at every level in our firm. Baker McKenzie can offer you both the uncompromising commitment to excellence expected of a top firm and a distinctive way of thinking, working and behaving - as a passionately global and genuinely collaborative firm. Baker & McKenzie LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The San Francisco/Palo Alto offices of Baker & McKenzie LLP seek a paralegal for the Employment & Compensation group. This paralegal will support attorneys on employment litigation cases, as well as provide support to attorneys working on transactional, and employment advice and counseling matters.
- Be familiar with certain court procedures, California Rules of Court, Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.
- Understand how to pull filings from a Court's docket system using PACER.
- Know how to research and look up the various courts' local rules regarding filing deadlines.
- Conduct research on relevant laws, regulations, and legal articles. Be comfortable with researching on Secretary of State site (California).
- Draft correspondence and legal documents such as: discovery, pleading shells, proofs of service, and other relevant briefs.
- Prepare exhibits and supporting documentations for court filings.
- Generate Table of Content & Table of Authority. Understand Firm's formatting templates, styles and guidelines.
- Understand how to assist with and complete court filings (manual and ECF)
- Understand the process to serving discovery and other pleadings on opposing parties, while maintaining an organized filing system.
- Knowledgeable with all aspects of discovery process, e-discovery, etc.
- Maintain calendar deadlines and be able to remind team of important deadlines.
- Experience with trial preparation a plus.
- Experience with case management.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree, or ABA accredited paralegal certificate, or equivalent.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience, litigation background required.
- Strong technology skills, and familiar with various legal database programs such as Relativity, Litera, Compulaw, Lexis and E-filing portals.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Document formatting using Word styles and MacPac.
- Well-developed and sophisticated organization, communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to relate to and gain the confidence of people at all levels within an organization, as well as an ability to build strong relationships and work in a collaborative environment.
- Organized, detail-oriented individual with strong project management skills, and ability to work on multiple tasks with competing deadlines.