Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional and Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
Corporate Support Attorney - Tampa will work on corporate and securities transactional matters and other multijurisdictional projects that are cross-border in nature, high value and complex; and develop skills to deliver the highest quality service for our world-class clients across the globe.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Provide support to a variety of the Firm's practices including, for example, Corporate and Securities, M&A, Technology and Commercial, Cross Border transactions and integration, Banking and Finance, and Competition and Trade
- Assist the Firm's offices with a diverse range of matters, often across multiple jurisdictions, such as large scale due diligence projects, and reports and ancillary deliverables in support of transactional work
- Work as part of project teams with other Review Attorneys in the Tampa Center
- Escalate project-specific issues to the Senior Manager (Corporate) as appropriate
- Work with members of the Transaction Support Group and Disputes Support Group in the Firm's Belfast Center, in a 'one team' approach
- Assist with bespoke projects other than billable matters, as required
- Develop strong working relationships with partners and lawyers in all sectors/departments in a variety of jurisdictions
- Contribute to the identification of innovative services and methods to assist in achieving efficiencies and continual process improvement
- Work with and providing support to other teams within the Tampa and Belfast Centers
- Develop innovative use of IT platforms and know-how databases
Skills and Experience:
- Active bar license in the state of Florida and status in good stand
- Familiarity with corporate workflows and experience desirable
- Ability to review, analyze and organize documentary and factual evidence
- Strong attention to detail - gets it right first time
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and online research tools
- Excellent writing and organization skills - used to balancing work priorities and managing deadlines
- Good decision-making and communication skills
- Ability to work well individually and within a team of various experience levels
- Keen to develop and use initiative
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfill their professional aspirations with us.