Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional and Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
The Procure-to-Pay Accounts Payable Analyst will be primarily responsible for the Accounts Payable (AP) processes including obtaining approvals for and paying vendor invoices, reviewing and processing employee expense reimbursements, and purchase order matching and exception reporting.
- Validate and process external vendor invoices in SAP and expense report reimbursements in Chrome River
- Facilitate invoice authorization/approval using Firm systems
- Facilitate electronic and manual (check) payments to vendors within SAP and coordinate bank payment releases with In-Market Business Partners
- Facilitate PO exceptions process and coordinate resolution with the Procurement Analysts
- Conduct a periodic review of the invoices blocked for payment and facilitate their release according to agreed payment terms
- Participate in the Accounts Payable end-to-end process to ensure timely and accurate vendor payments in-line with agreed payment terms and within the agreed upon Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Perform monthly review and reconciliation of Advances, Deposits and Accounts Payable accounts
- Prepare and generate reports as necessary
- Coordinate with different stakeholders and clients (Q2C, R2R, In-Market Finance staff, etc) to resolve incidents and ensure business requirements are being met
- Provide feedback on any observed opportunities for improvement to Supervisors throughout the entire AP process
- Any other tasks that may be deemed necessary to fulfill our commitment with the client
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Relevant undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Good experience within a finance role
- Experience of using an accounting package (SAP desirable but not essential)
- Solid communication skills (verbal and written) and written proficiency in English
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience in handling accounts payable /accounting for a Process Outsourcing Firm or a Shared Service Center, a significant advantage
- Team player attitude
- High level of attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to make effective, accurate decisions and judgment calls
- Effective time and task management essential to meet deadlines
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfill their professional aspirations with us.