To work collaboratively with the NA Tax Practice Group Leaders (PGLs) and Associate Director of operations (AD) to accelerate practice group and individual lawyer performance and development, aligned with strategic direction, vision and values of North America.
To work closely with the NA Director of Talent Management and other Practice Group Talent Management Business Partners for North America; and play an essential role providing high-quality business partnering support to lawyers in the NA Tax Practice Group (the NATPG).
This is a highly collaborative role, which requires liaising closely with the PGLs and AD, while also working on a daily basis with office-based Talent Management colleagues. It is a hands-on position that requires proactive and reliable business partnering advice and service to the assigned PGLs and to the lawyers within the NATPG.
Operate as a Business Partner for the PGLs and AD to understand their strategic needs in relation to their people; liaise and co-ordinate with office-based Talent Management and Recruitment business partners to deliver:
- Team planning and management for the NATPG (pipeline, succession and promotion, and, in partnership with the PG AD, capacity review and utilization, etc.)
- Recruitment (determine needs, evaluate staffing options, coordinate the on-boarding for the NATPG)
- Mobility (liaise with Global Mobility Advisory Group and office-based Talent Management on mobility issues throughout the NATPG in NA)
- Talent Reviews (support and coordinate the NA Talent Review process for the NATPG and work with the PGLs to identify and implement solutions and programs for underperforming and high potential talent)
- Performance Management (execute associate and local partner performance management processes (e.g., annual evaluation and promotion processes); evaluate performance results with the PGLs)
- Career Development (coordinate nomination for North America programs, assess and identify lawyer training needs and address in partnership with North America Leadership and Learning Lead, provide individual career development coaching sessions on an as-needed basis.)
- Organizational Development (e.g., follow-up on BakerYou within the practice group, consistent with overall North America approach; focus on improving engagement)
- Integration (serve as key liaison to support and facilitate integration of North America lateral partners in consultation with Partner Integration Manager)
- Close coordination with office-based Talent Management to support the PGLs on people-related issues
- Partnership with the People and North America leadership teams to help develop optimal People strategy, infrastructure and resources for North America
- Other duties as assigned
- Occasional travel required