At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave – like no other firm and few other businesses. With more than 6,000 locally admitted lawyers and more than 5,800 business service professionals in 78 offices worldwide, we have a passionately collaborative community of 60 nationalities and are committed to world-class career development to everyone in every job at every level in our firm. Baker McKenzie can offer you both the uncompromising commitment to excellence expected of a top firm and a distinctive way of thinking, working and behaving - as a passionately global and genuinely collaborative firm. Baker McKenzie is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New York office of Baker McKenzie seeks a Paralegal for the North America Transactional Practice Group.
The paralegal will work on corporate and securities transactional matters and other multijurisdictional projects that are cross-border in nature, high value and complex; and develop skills to deliver the highest quality service for our world-class clients around the globe. Will support attorneys both in New York and across Baker McKenzie’s global offices.
- Assist attorneys on all stages of domestic and international corporate transactions, including entity formation, corporate due diligence, name and director/officer changes, corporate maintenance, foreign qualifications and closings for acquisition transactions and internal restructurings
- Draft and prepare corporate documents including corporate approvals, consents, stock certificates, stock transfer forms, and upkeep minute books in the US and in other jurisdictions with the assistance of Baker McKenzie’s global offices
- Assist with global surveys, closing checklists, preparing and tracking signature pages, closing binders, and post-closing matters
- Assist attorneys to prepare timeline trackers and heat maps
- Develop strong working relationships with partners and lawyers in all sectors / departments in a variety of jurisdictions
- Contribute to the identification of innovative services and methods to assist in achieving efficiencies and continual process improvement
- Assist on other non-corporate projects as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Paralegal Certificate from an ABA approved program preferred
- At least 1 year's working experience in a transactional legal context
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook and online research tools
- Excellent writing and organization skills – used to balancing work priorities and managing deadlines
- Good decision-making, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work individually and within a team of various experience levels in a fast-paced environment
- Keen to develop and use initiative
For candidates living and working in our New York City office only, the annual salary range is between $55,000 and $75,000.