The on-site support analyst role is to ensure the proper functioning of personal computing, user account maintenance, office and conferencing technology so that end users can most efficiently and effectively accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritising, troubleshooting, documenting, and actively resolving customer requests and escalations from on site manager and the Service Desk. Problem resolution will involve the use of incident management tools, as well as hands-on support at the on-site level.
The on-site support analyst role must work closely with their team mates, understand the support dynamics between the team and other on site support teams, as well as the global application and support teams. Collaborative mind-set is a must
This is the job for you, if:
- You’re interested in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- You want to completely resolve user issues, so your focus is what can we do
- You like to research issues to satisfy your own curiosity
- You have enthusiasm for your work
- You’ve been responsible for completing your task list and assigned tickets, providing regular updates, and driving them to closure
- You’ve been told (more than once) that you have an eye for detail
- Your friends describe you as a go getter, and a "go to" person for technology
As On-site IT Support Analyst, you will:
- Perform hands-on fixes, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, managing mobile devices, implementing file backups, and configuring applications.
- Owns and drives issues to resolution including escalation to specialized resources within the broader IT organization. Remains engaged on issues until resolution.
- Provide Tier 2 technical support for client facilities such as video conferencing and audio conferencing services.
- Lead, coordinate and participate in improvements as they relate to the on-site IT environment.
- Serves as an advocate for the organization’s information security management system. Assists customers to work efficiently within the ISMS framework.
- Test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to customer requests
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyse trends for ways to prevent future problems
- Field incoming requests from customers via telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Build rapport with customers
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Prioritise and escalate problems (when required).
- Record, track, and document problem-solving processes, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution
- Understands the essential responsibilities of the position and works to continuously to build and improve the skills necessary to be proficient in the role.
- Serves as a back up to other IT Support Analysts (both local & remote) as needed
- Serves as lead Audio Visual SME for live meetings and events held onsite or at remote locations as requested.
- Supports operates and maintains AV equipment for live meetings and events
- Provides support and demonstrates expert knowledge for online webinar tools and applications.
- Be an active participant in pilot groups, testing to find issues and work through to resolution, prior to launch with the larger user groups
What we’re looking for…
- Active Directory experience (2-5 years minimum)
- Experience in account creation/setup and departure tasks
- Exchange Management Console (2-5 years minimum experience)
- Experience and familiarity with email archival techniques
- Experience with Microsoft Windows
- Experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Comfortable and respectable in communicating with senior level users
- Problem Solver
- Have an eye for detail
- Be self guided when given little detail for troubleshooting efforts
- Customer service and the measure thereof are core focus
- Effective communicator - both written and oral