The North America Partner Recruitment Coordinator will work with the Partner Recruiting Team to support partner recruiting activities for the North America ("NA") Region. This position will have regular interaction with the Practice Group Chairs, Managing Partners as well as others throughout the North American Region.
This is a hands-on position that requires the individual to provide proactive and reliable partner level recruitment support to internal stakeholders and external candidates and vendors. The role requires a highly organized, detail-oriented individual with good project management skills, strong client service orientation, and excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Work with Senior Manager of NA Partner Recruiting and Manager of NA Partner Recruiting to support and drive approved lateral searches in collaboration with key stakeholders; help ensure timely and comprehensive completion of the recruitment process
- Coordinate and manage in-office interview schedules and secure requisite internal interviewers; Distribute recruiting materials to prospective lateral candidates; Develop and circulate candidate briefing materials to interviewers; Interact directly with lateral partner candidates and search firms throughout the hiring process
- Assist in development and management of relations with preferred search firms; Coordinate and participate in search firm meetings to promote the Firm and lateral opportunities; Prepare and track search firm agreements
- Support initial drafting of candidate proposals, drafting of offer letters and supporting documentation, and compilation of relevant paperwork
- Work with local office HR contacts to ensure candidate background checks are performed; Coordinate additional due diligence on prospective candidates as requested
- Liaise with local office and NA administrative contacts to ensure pre-arrival orientation items and lateral onboarding process are successfully completed
- Network with Firm partners, legal recruiters and other law firm recruitment personnel in an effort to stay abreast of the happenings in the legal community
- Update lateral tracking spreadsheets and reports for all partner candidates and active searches
- Oversee and/or collaborate on various projects, including: 1) maintenance of the NA recruiting database for partner level candidates; 2) processing of conflicts checks with the New Business Intake team; 3) development of lateral recruiting collateral materials; 4) development of alternative candidate sourcing strategies; 5) drafting and distribution of internal newsletters
- Conduct research and convey relevant findings on market trends, recruiting opportunities, and Firm recruiting performance as it relates to partner level hiring
- Prepare management reporting, statistical data and survey responses as requested
- Discharge other responsibilities as assigned by the NA Recruiting Director and NA Senior Partner Recruiting Manager and/or members of Regional management.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of three (3) years recruiting experience in a large law firm, preferably with multi-office experience and in support of partner level hiring
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint); Experience with viRecruit
- Well-developed and sophisticated organization, communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to relate to and gain the confidence of people at all levels within an organization, as well as an ability to build strong relationships and work in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrable analytic skills and general business acumen
- Must be able to meet deadlines and multi-task in a matrix, fast-paced, professional services environment