At Baker & McKenzie LLP, we are different in the way we think, work and behave -- like no other firm and few other businesses. With more than 4,100 locally admitted lawyers and more than 5,800 business service professionals in 78 offices worldwide, we have a passionately collaborative community of 60 nationalities and are committed to world-class career development to everyone in every job at every level in our firm. Baker McKenzie can offer you both the uncompromising commitment to excellence expected of a top firm and a distinctive way of thinking, working and behaving - as a passionately global and genuinely collaborative firm. Baker & McKenzie is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Baker McKenzie seeks an experienced Knowledge Lawyer to support their North American Tax Practice. The Knowledge Lawyer will make first-class Tax knowledge from the United States easily available to lawyers and tax practitioners (collectively referred to as "lawyers"), increasing the quality, consistency and/or cost-effectiveness of the advice that Baker McKenzie gives its clients.
- Law degree
- Current license to practice law (or eligibility for one)
- Substantial experience as a practicing lawyer with direct involvement in the Tax area
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and written) and the confidence to communicate in a multi-cultural, multi-level environment
- Experience working directly with senior counterparts on strategy and execution
- Excellent time management and organizing skills; ability to prioritize and manage time to meet deadlines
- Strong word processing and spreadsheet skills
- Experience in or willingness to learn document automation and other legal tech