With more than 4,100 locally admitted lawyers and more than 5,800 business service professionals in 78 offices worldwide, we have a passionately collaborative community of 60 nationalities and are committed to world-class career development to everyone in every job at every level in our firm.
We can offer you both the uncompromising commitment to excellence expected of a top firm and a distinctive way of thinking, working and behaving - as a passionately global and genuinely collaborative firm. Our Tax Practice Group is regarded as one of the premier international tax practices. Most recently US News and World Report named us as the 2017 'Tax Law Firm of the Year', the practice group is also recognized as a Band 1 firm by Chambers USA: Nationwide Tax Controversy (2018)and Tier 1 in Legal 500 US for Tax Controversy and International Tax.
The Miami office seeks a highly motivated Junior Tax Associate for its Tax Planning and Transactions and Global Wealth Management practices. We advise US and foreign companies on a wide range of international, corporate, and partnership tax issues. Our tax planning practice involves acting as special counsel for mergers and acquisitions, corporate integrations and divisions, joint ventures, and dispositions and public spin-offs. Our planning practice applies highly technical rules to our clients’ situations to effect the best tax treatment under the applicable legal authorities.
Our wealth management practitioners advise clients on preserving, managing and transferring wealth in core investment centers and new wealth management jurisdictions around the world. We also monitor developments in tax regimes around the world to help clients anticipate and respond to changes in tax enforcement.
The successful candidate will have:
- One year of relevant experience in tax transactions.
- Experience in public and private deals, cross-border acquisitions, private equity and/or energy is preferred, and capital markets experience is a plus.
- Top academic credentials are a prerequisite, and an LL.M in Taxation is a plus.
- Big law firm experience is preferred.
- The candidate must have strong analytical and writing skills, exceptional speaking and interpersonal skills and the ability to function smoothly in a global-team environment with culturally diverse team members.
- The candidate must be admitted to and be a member in good standing of the Florida bar, or able to sit for the Florida bar.
Please include a cover letter, unofficial law school and/or LL.M transcripts, and resume with your application.