The Manager, Global Desktop Platform Team is responsible for all aspects (software and hardware) of the firm's endpoint computing systems. The objective of the Desktop team is to streamline the management of endpoints through simplification, standardization and automation and provide Firm users with a platform for seamless access to core applications and documents, both from within and outside the Firm. They should recommend, implement, and maintain endpoint management architectures.
- Manage multiple technical teams (Citrix, Desktop and Microsoft SCCM) and work on projects across all functional areas. Direct management of all resources of the desktop platforms team, including performance management (i.e annual performance reviews), task assignment / prioritization, leave time approval, and coordination of all follow-the-sun and on-call support activities
- Provide input to the Associate Director on the required budget and resources to manage the interface platform strategy.
- Management responsibility for day-to-day operation of the firm’s desktop and Citrix infrastructure as well as customizing and implementing any region specific layer framework.
- Coordinate the efforts of the Global Interface Platform Team
- Provide assistance and guidance to system and application owners in the production and implementation of standard application deployment to ensure consistent end users experience.
- Lead the development and enforcement of firms Interface standards and policies as they relate to endpoint hardware and deployment systems in accordance with firm security standard
- Monitor internal and external compliance with the Firm’s information security policies and procedures. Identify non-compliant practices and assist with remediation
- Design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining the global end-user computing environment.
- Create and support application standard installation methods and packaging, according to industry standards for software distribution.
- Maintain and support desktop platform images, installation packages, testing model and software distribution infrastructure as mandated by internal and external SLA's.
- Research, design, test and document standards for endpoint hardware, software, operating systems, and applications in relation to the Desktop platforms services
- Remediate incidents within defined Service Level Agreement guidelines.
- Propose operational and project budgets for each fiscal year.
- Travel as necessary to support security initiatives, systems, incidents, and projects.
- Requires a bachelor's degree with at least 5-10 years of experience in the field. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Thorough knowledge of the following
- Organizational Change Management.
- Supervisory and training techniques
- Employee policy and procedures
- In-depth understanding of concepts and operating principles of endpoint hardware, software and scripting
- Application packaging and deployment systems, vendor-supplied packaged programs, macros, utilities, and other highly technical programs
- Ability to gather and analyse facts, draw conclusions, define problems, and suggest solutions.
- Proficiency in oral and written English, excellent verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable with public speaking and presentations
- Possess clarity of purpose and vision with the ability to prioritize and execute effectively. Ability to display a high level of teamwork
- Responsible for working independently without direct supervision
- Responsible for reporting time spent on activities
- B.Sc/B.A in Computer Science is preferred, but not mandatory
- Special Requirements, Licenses, and Certifications: MCSE, Accreditation in SCCM, Microsoft Office suite, and XenApp - CCA certification is desirable.