At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave - like no other firm and few other businesses. With more than 4,100 locally admitted lawyers and more than 5,800 business service professionals in 78 offices worldwide, we have a passionately collaborative community of 60 nationalities and are committed to world-class career development to everyone in every job at every level in our firm. Baker McKenzie can offer you both the uncompromising commitment to excellence expected of a top firm and a distinctive way of thinking, working and behaving - as a passionately global and genuinely collaborative firm. Baker McKenzie is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Baker McKenzie is seeking a Recruiting Specialist to reside in Dallas. The Recruiting Specialist will be responsible for coordinating all non-partner recruiting functions, including but not limited to lateral associate recruitment, first and second year summer associate recruitment and the on-campus interviewing/callback process. This is a hands-on position that requires the individual to provide proactive and reliable recruitment support to the office and will collaborate with the NA Recruiting Director on recruitment initiatives and provide additional support on NA talent initiatives, as requested. The Recruiting Specialist will work with a Recruiting Coordinator based in Houston on joint recruitment efforts for Texas.
The role requires a highly organized, detail-oriented individual with solid project management skills, strong client service orientation, with the ability to effectively interact professionally with lawyers, business professionals and candidates. Individual will possess excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to work cooperatively with team members across North America and solve problems independently.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of five (5) years in legal recruiting preferably in a legal services environment
- Proficient with MS Office 2010 (Word, Outlook and PowerPoint); Experience with viRecruit a plus
- Well-developed and sophisticated organization, communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to relate to and gain the confidence of people at all levels within an organization, as well as an ability to build strong relationships and work in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrable sound decision making, analytic skills and general business acumen
- Must be able to meet deadlines and multi-task in a matrix, fast-paced, professional services environment
- Travel to the Houston office as needed