Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organisation, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people -regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.
To enable the Firm’s global brand and to support its positioning as the world’s leading law firm brand; manage innovation in the way the Firm drives external profile and markets itself to clients on a global scale; deliver global best practices in the field of Marketing and drive forward creative ways through which the Firm engages with its clients through various channels.
- Translate strategic aims and marketing plans into specific campaign initiatives, with a strong emphasis on channel integration
- Support the development of a Firm-wide content strategy
- Work closely with Practice Groups, Industry Groups, offices, Communications and BD professionals to develop and implement thought leadership
- Lead the development of cross-channel marketing campaigns, working with external creative agencies when required, including client-centric marketing campaigns and thought leadership, event content, and an understanding of how to employ digital and social media and add a newsworthy dimension to content efforts
- Advise the Knowledge team on repurposing and elevating relevant client content
The Firm’s BDMC function works closely with our Partners and leadership teams to:
- Increase our revenue, profitability and share across markets, industries and clients
- Enable us to win, retain and grow business through powerful pitches, engaging thought leadership and strong relationship management
- Lead market & client intelligence efforts to create new service line opportunities in industry and practice groups
- Channel the Baker McKenzie brand, identity and culture through a single communications voice
- Communications and Marketing team members
- In-Market BDMC Business Partners
- Expert Industry Key Clients and Regional Client Program Managers
- Colleagues across BDMC End-to-End functions in the Centers, such as Global Event Management, Creative Services, Proposal Production, Research and Communication
Technical skills, qualifications and experience
- Experience of marketing in a business-to-business environment, ideally within professional services
- Excellent writer/editor with a 'digital first' mindset
- Persuasive communicator, with the confidence to influence widely at all levels.
- Track record in content and campaign development
- Able to work with complex, technical issues to develop high impact, client focused initiatives
These personal qualities represent the shared characteristics of high performers across Baker McKenzie, regardless of job level and location.
- Keeps across key developments in all relevant areas and demonstrates the ability to develop substantive authority in relation to the Firm's specialist fields
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences; distils a range of possibilities by thinking in a considered, prudent manner
- Able to move through a variety of tasks requiring different approaches, knowledge, and expertise, with agility of mind and capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Driven by a strong personal sense of integrity and upholds exemplary quality standards
- Prepares thoroughly, takes responsibility, uses initiative and is self reliant to ensure work progresses to the fullest extent possible
- Hardworking and diligent with a keen understanding of client demands
- Demonstrates composure when dealing with difficult situations
- Creates a positive impression at all times; develops relationships through collaboration and reciprocity
- Negotiates to achieve outcomes that are mutually satisfactory; shows good judgement on when to stand strong and when to compromise
- Invests in, nurtures and builds a network of productive relationships
- Respectful to others, regardless of their position, and earns the respect of others by being transparent
- Has care and concern for others and a genuine interest in others as people
- Treats delicate or confidential issues with grace and discretion