This position is a senior level engineer role, responsible for the deployment, implementation and on-going maintenance of the Firm's Document Management System (DMS). The primary responsibilities of this position include providing significant technical leadership to DMS related projects and providing third level support for DMS and related systems, with an understanding of how the DMS relates to and interacts with all other office systems/applications.
- Implement solutions for Document and Content Management in assigned offices. This includes designing, planning, building, deployment, training, documentation, maintenance, change management and subsequent upgrades.
- Provide technical leadership to Document and Content Management teams and related projects. This includes architecting solutions with guidance from those teams, implementing solutions, and collecting and sharing feedback from Local Office IT resources.
- Work directly with the Portfolio Manager, Document Solutions, designing and implementing custom solutions to improve the every day use of the DMS and other content management applications.
- Participates in resource and functional teams as directed. This may include performance and functional testing of the application when needed, planning for upgrades/rollouts, and problem solving Document and Content Management Solutions issues. This will also involve supporting related systems, such as Intapp Wall Builder, Integration Builder, Flow and other applications as defined by the Portfolio Manager.
- Consults with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify business objectives. Writes documentation to describe any custom development, logic, coding, and corrections. Reviews, analyzes, and modifies systems (client and server) including encoding, testing, debugging, upgrading and installing to support respective application systems. Implements data models and database designs, data access and table maintenance codes; resolves database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues.
- Acquires and maintains a comprehensive knowledge of relevant products, current support policies and methods of support delivery. Makes creative suggestions to enhance the quality and efficiency of services provided by the workgroup.
- Attends training sessions, staff meetings, designated project meetings and is committed to a working ethic of knowledge transfer. Also volunteers and/or willingly agrees to lead or assist in training others using various presentation and demonstration approaches such as in person, web training, computer based, video conferencing, etc. Maintains certifications.
- Responsible for maintaining secure computing practices in carrying out all duties. This includes encouraging and reminding users to follow Firm IT policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all documentation associated with the above duties. This includes (but is not limited to) project management reporting, accomplishments report, issues lists, documentation of procedures, activity checklists, and help desk incident reporting.
- Performs all duties as assigned by the supervisor.
This position is responsible to:
- Deliver a high quality product that consistently meets user requirements.
- Deliver products/services on time as agreed to with the customers and within the allotted budget.
- Provide world-class customer service measured through 360-degree feedback from customers and team members.
- Be proactive in identification and resolution of problems.
- Recognize when assistance is required with customers, willingness to take action.
- Be flexible to changing business needs, easily adaptable to new situations and directions.
- Ability to work independently, with a minimal amount of direction.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or Computer Science.
- Current Hummingbird/Open Textor iManage certification preferred.
- Five years recent work experience with OpenText eDOCS product, version 5.1 or above is required.
- Experience in working with a law firm is preferred, but not mandatory.
- MCSE Certification by Microsoft is preferred but not required.
- Experience with .NET or other programming languages.
- Strong PC Skills - Proficient in applications that integrate with OpenText eDOCS DM including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Expert level knowledge of Open Text eDOCSor iManage product. Current experience with the most recent version of eDOCS and with eDOCS Email Filing, Wireless DMS, or iManage components is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft-SQL 2008 or above.
- Ability to learn new skills in a short timeframe.
- Ability to manage several tasks concurrently.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.