Baker McKenzie is modernizing its professional and business services functions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of how it delivers services to clients. The Transformation Office Project Management Team will play a strategic role in the implementation of projects globally and be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of all related strategic initiatives. The Transformation Office has been tasked to change how the professional and business services teams work and provide services to our internal and external clients. The initiatives on which the Transformation Office works will promote revenue growth, helping drive the Firm forward in its ambitious goal of being the legal firm of choice and the employer of choice for its people.
As part of this approach we are innovating, redesigning processes, re-envisioning the use of technology and adopting best in class principles. This covers the full range of services and represents a significant change process within the Firm. The Project Management Team will launch best practices and develop methodologies, thought-partner with the firm’s senior leaders to unlock the program’s value and improve overall project delivery in terms of timelines, quality, and stakeholder satisfaction. They will:
- Manage global, multi dimensional projects, including pre-defined solutions, continuing to shape them and partner with various stakeholders to pilot and implement these initiatives against program timelines
- Liaise and build relationships with Partners, Executive Leadership and Professional and Business Services teams
- Identify and allocate resources, both people and material, as necessary for successful implementation
- Create and manage project deliverables and prevailing decisions. including: charters, scope definition, project plans, resource plans, status reports, project dashboards.
- Provide deep functional knowledge and demonstrated experience of global change programs
- Efficiently deliver projects of the highest quality and meet, exceed stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Manage both the business sponsorship and technology team aspects of projects
- Collaborate for results and become a respected leader
- Have confidence and experience in a deadline driven environment
- Take a disciplined and thoughtful approach to client focus and consultation
- Focus on value-based outcomes both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Excellent collaboration skills and comfortable with an agile and iterative development process that includes accepting and managing feedback from various stakeholders.
- Technical experience is preferred with special interest in business transformation, and experience in managing custom development projects with agile methodologies.
- A wide range of technology projects could be included in the project portfolio; experience of managing a diverse portfolio is necessary.
- Must be affiliative, respectful, with strong presentation skills that influences with fact, reason and vision, be trustworthy, and dependable.
- Leadership experience on projects regarding managing business sponsorship, budget, customer expectations, and project plans through execution.
- Excellent communication skills with both team members and internal business constituents and comfortable mediating between stakeholder needs, business objectives, and technical feasibility
- Relationship building, gaining consensus, and adoption methods
- Continued drive for excellence and high quality, despite frequent iterations, changes in priority, scope and stakeholders
- Experience with Project Server, Microsoft Project, Visio, MS Office applications, project management processes, tools, and applications.
- Bachelor’s degree related to business and/or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience in project management within a consultancy firm, professional services, legal, or IT industry.
- Experience in a legal environment is highly desirable
- Consulting experience is preferred.
Each project manager must be able to support initiatives from any global location and to travel to meet implementation deliverables (up to 30/40% at crucial peak times).