The Pricing Analyst role will provide data capture, monitoring and analytical support to the North American Finance Function. The Pricing Analyst will be responsible for collecting and managing all client pricing agreement information; developing, implementing and monitoring pricing best practices; updating our pricing agreement tool and assessing the accuracy of approved pricing in the billing process. The Pricing Analyst will provide full implementation support for these processes, under the guidance and leadership of financial management, including the CFO and/or North America Pricing Manager.
The Pricing Analyst role will also help the Firm respond to its need to ensure greater consistency of compliance with fee terms agreed with clients and evidence this by improved deliverables; better assess the impact of proposed and adopted pricing agreements across industries, practices and offices; and, to advance competitiveness of Firm practices, client relations and Firm financial returns.
Supporting the development of pricing agreements by:
- work closely with Firm partners to create and leverage related databases to track and report on all pricing agreement terms – ensuring all business users have access to consistent, accurate and pertinent pricing information;
- work with Firm teams to ensure all pricing criteria is properly loaded in the Firm financial systems (e.g. SAP), and applied such that client billing is accurate;
- audit SAP input and output (bills) to ensure accurate pricing set-up;
- leverage the available data for calculating client billing volumes, credit rebates and volume discounts and fixed/capped fee arrangements;
- develop fee arrangement reports for key clients;
- prepare financial analysis to review performance of pricing agreements in line with the original commercial objectives.
Work closely with the CFO and/or Pricing Manager to develop best practices to support, advise and direct partners on matter pricing.
Understand and improve the current systems and processes by:
- identifying, and implementing approved, process improvements to help ensure compliance with pricing agreements;
- conducting regular (e.g. quarterly) audits on pricing arrangements to ensure that client billing is being carried out in compliance with approved pricing agreements.
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in business, finance, or related field.
- Three or more years of finance experience, including direct involvement in revenue/price administration and analysis, preferably in a professional services environment.
- High level financial qualitative and quantitative analytical experience.
- Ability to readily comprehend business objectives and correspondingly develop and execute appropriate strategies.
- Well-developed and sophisticated organization, written, communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to relate to and gain the confidence of people at all levels within an organization, as well as an ability to build strong relationships and work in a collaborative environment.
- Organized, detail-oriented individual with strong project management skills, and ability to work on multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- High level of discretion, diplomacy and a commitment to maintaining the highest level of confidentiality.